• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Private Space travel

ctenidae

Sir Richard will take you nearly there for 200 large.
Didn't read the article (maybe they cover it), but the successful launch of the private rocket carrying supplies to the ISS is pretty exciting news,

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It is a lifelong dream of mine to go to space. No kidding. I'm sure many others are in the same boat ... I would love it if it would be affordable enough that I could do it once in my lifetime. I'm probably a little late for that though, but who knows.

I would just love to see earth from above like that. It's one of the reasons I've always been fascinated with aviation, a different perspective on the globe. Puts things into perspective as well, all of us humans on this little ball with all our earthly concerns that seem so important but in the grand scheme of things are really just fleeting implulses.

That's deep enough for today. This pending baby is really getting to my head :lol:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Please don't mess with my personal space.

I always wanted to fly on the Concorde, though I suppose it would have been anti-climactic. Even then, I couldn't affort the flight!

Nick, I've always been told that Astronauts come back changed once they've seen how fragile out planet looks from space.

legalskier

I can barely stomach a roller coaster ride anymore so I doubt a rocket ride would be my cup of tea. Chairlifts are as high as I want to go.
But for those who can handle it, it must be awesome.

Last edited: