• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good place to stay in Sunday River?

L

lawguy9801

Does anyone know of a good place to stay in or near Sunday River? I'm trying to get a group of 6-8 together to go in February and have done some preliminary research. However, a couple of people in my group won't be skiing and the Sunday-River owned properties all require everyone to buy a lift ticket. Are there any decent places that are decently priced that anyone can give me a heads-up on?

Also - After Killington, what is the best ski area for nightlife? Which is better in that area, Sunday River or Sugarloaf? Or is there somewhere smaller that's better?

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lawguy9801 on 2001-12-04 19:06 ]</font>

J

Joe

lawguy9801
If you are planning a trip to Sunday River and looking for lodging please check out the lodging section on AZ then click on Maine and then select Sunday River for options. You can also book your stay online! There are also two places close but do involve some travel time.
Berlin, NH = Royalty Inn and,
Gorham, NH = Town & Country.
Enjoy your trip and Think Snow.

twigeater

Website
community.webshots.com
There's an Inn at the base of the mountain, not part of the Sunday River ski resort, I believe it's called the Sunday River Inn. It's not listed in the Maine lodging section of the AZ website. I've got the number, but it's at work - where I won't be until Thursday. I stay there every year in June when I do the Trek Across Maine - really nice people - the Inn has rooms and dorm style bunks.