• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where will you be on Saturday morning?

Huck_It_Baby

I think I'll be able to get out of work early today, so I'm thinking of checking out Granite Gorge tonight as a warmup for tomorrow. $20 to ski the last two hours (6-8 ....not too shabby.

Not bad. I'm thinking of hitting Bolton tonight to get an early start on this powder!

Mpdsnowman

Of course major storm coming on my sons 21st birthday and of course my family has to have the party so shit for me on saturday lol...But Sunday we head to Magic Hat then off to Jay to ride Monday. Lol talk about missing the boat lol..

skiboarder

I with am hitting up Jiminy tonight from 4-8. Than will crash at a local hotel for JIminy Saturday. Flirted with the idea of driving from Jiminy to Berkshire East for more snow, but decided not worth the blizzard driving conditions.

4aprice

Staying at the homestead (CBK) but staying at our friends place on the slopes for the weekend so should get some early turns Saturday. Sunday is going to be a work day as we throw a U-12,U-14 race at Camelback. With the crowds I think that will show up Sunday after the storm that might not be a bad thing. Hopefully Bastardi is right and we haven't seen the best yet. Got my eyes on the period after Presidents week to the end of April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Cannonball

I'm not sure the Saturday crowds will be too bad. I think the road conditions in the flatlands will keep many away until later in the day.

I was kind of thinking that too. But there's a line of traffic rolling into Lincoln right now. 75% MA plates. Looks like a lot of people planing ahead....

Last edited:

Bumpsis

Sat morning: home, digging out time. I'm in Boston, no driveway, so our cars will be buried by the snow fall and the plows. I'll be lucky if I can get out by mid morning and ski Blue Hills :) if they don't groom it by the time I get there. More than likely, I'll just snow shoe in Blue Hills.

Sunday will be our ski day - got discount tickets for that day for Sunapee. Yeah, it will be a major mob scene but with that expectation, I'll just adjust my attitude and enjoy the snow.

ScottySkis

May go to Elk on Saturday , depends on snow stopping early Saturday making my no snow car driveable on I 84 it could be an interesting trip.

gladerider

looks like hunter is going to be the baddest and closest from where i am...

jrmagic

For those considering Magic I just got word that the black chair will be online tomorrow. Props to mountain ops for getting her done in time for a powder Saturday. Cant wait for my sloppy seconds on Sunday!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
For those considering Magic I just got word that the black chair will be online tomorrow. Props to mountain ops for getting her done in time for a powder Saturday. Cant wait for my sloppy seconds on Sunday!

Ah, I was just going to post this.

This is pretty big news for those of us going tomorrow. Anything to alleviate the powder crowds.

BenedictGomez

Amazing how fluid this situation is. Last night models thought the Poconos would be buried, now it seems some wiser Mets think that's the area that's going to get screwed and only wind up with maybe 6 inches. Better than nothing though I suppose.

catskillman

Hunta -

however to anyone driving tonight - just got to the area - roads are difficult, especially the non-main areas. This is very unusual as they typically are very diligent about this.

BE CAREFUL!!!!

BTW - there is only aboutn 2" of fresh on the lawn at this time.

See your tomorrow?

Sugart

Update from Bartlett/Conway NH. It's been snowing here since about 6am and I would say the is a good 6 inches of super light snow. Pretty good since the storm hasnt even hit us yet. 302/16 is in pretty good shape and easily passable. I am about 4 miles from Attitash, but ventured in to Cranmore to take the kids tubing this morning, evrything was open but it looks like the hotels were filling up fast. A few B&Bs had no vacancy signs that werent there yesterday. Could be the weekend or from the storm. Cranmore was significantly busier today, but school was out. Unfortunately we arrived a week too early for vacation