• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tr: Jfbb

danimals

Second TR!

Jack Frost big boulder in PA is super tiny but usually has the best snow. They are two ski areas a few miles apart that fall under one lift ticket. Day riding at frost, night\park at boulder. Today I only could ride in the morning so decided to see how frost rode after the recent storms. They have an open bounds policy which is cool too.

Far left side of the mountain is their "expert" terrain. Super fun. The snow was good, perfect cord and not a slick spot anywhere. Woods had about 4 inches I'd say. It was crusty but my board floated just fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392147199.804245.jpg
Pretty cold in the lot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392147277.225122.jpg
Fun rides through the woods

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392147319.695358.jpg
The top of river shot's last headwall

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392147354.965070.jpg
Right off of the side of rivershot is the elevator. Fun but short.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392147411.870241.jpg
Top of elevator glade looking toward Floyd's headwall

4aprice

Hard to find a Peak Resorts area that does not make great snow.

Its not only the snowmaking. Jack Frost sits on the western side of the plateau and benefits more then the down sloping east side. We had a house at Arrowhead Lake, right around the corner, and they definitely get more snow then even Mt Pocono (near CBK). Add to that, Frost doesn't have night skiing thus less traffic.

I have a hard time with Frost. They were definitely on our list for a home mountain with the afore mentioned house at Arrowhead. Being owned by Peaks is a big time plus for them with the multi mountain pass options. They seem to have a good racing program, though that was not in our thinking at that time. I skied there several times giving it a chance, the mountain just never caught me. We finally decided Camelback was in better position, between NJ and PA houses, and had a little more variety, no regrets.

BTW if you enjoy Frost, its got a smaller clone on the east side of the Pocono's called Ski Big Bear. I swear it and Jack Frost ski identical.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Rowsdower

Its not only the snowmaking. Jack Frost sits on the western side of the plateau and benefits more then the down sloping east side. We had a house at Arrowhead Lake, right around the corner, and they definitely get more snow then even Mt Pocono (near CBK). Add to that, Frost doesn't have night skiing thus less traffic.

I have a hard time with Frost. They were definitely on our list for a home mountain with the afore mentioned house at Arrowhead. Being owned by Peaks is a big time plus for them with the multi mountain pass options. They seem to have a good racing program, though that was not in our thinking at that time. I skied there several times giving it a chance, the mountain just never caught me. We finally decided Camelback was in better position, between NJ and PA houses, and had a little more variety, no regrets.

BTW if you enjoy Frost, its got a smaller clone on the east side of the Pocono's called Ski Big Bear. I swear it and Jack Frost ski identical.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Didn't Big Bear close down or get auctioned off?

danimals

Big bear is open. It's pretty far north out of the way. Alpine was auctioned I think.