• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I dont know shit about the maps but this was on FB and says Euro...

View attachment 11728

I can't remember when I've seen so many colors on one map - it's a beauty. So that's accumulation from about 7am today and lasting 60 hours (do the math). It's pretty much the picture everyone has climbed on board with.
Some of those Quebecois western provinces should make out well too.

BenedictGomez

MOAR MAPS!!!!!!!

1941465_684300301611326_294481092_o.jpg

lstone84

Anybody on here have considerable experience w/ wind holds in NVT w/ storms like this w/ winds out of N/NW?

Smuggs, Jay? Something else...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skifree

Anybody on here have considerable experience w/ wind holds in NVT w/ storms like this w/ winds out of N/NW?

Smuggs, Jay? Something else...

Sometimes you just have to go for it.

lstone84

I def will go for it, but getting some advice from someone w experience in a forum about this kind of stuff wouldn't hurt..

flightschool

well looks like way north now which is what I thought last night and it was so warm today I figured it would move even further north...Oh well.

Some of those Quebecois western provinces should make out well too.

Excuse me, what?

I am guessing that you are referring to what is commonly known as the Eastern Townships, located in the beautiful province of Quebec, home to such fine ski areas as Sutton, Owl's Head, Orford and Le Massif de Sud. If you need further lessons in Canadian geography, I would be happy to oblige.

well looks like way north now which is what I thought last night and it was so warm today I figured it would move even further north...Oh well.

The antecedent heat won't have an impact on where the r/s line will be. It's all about the cold air seeping from the north. Today's warmth has little to do with the storm.

It's not way north. Anything from magic on north will pick up a foot plus. That's southern VT.

lstone84

It wont be that bad. Realistically Saturday will be day 2, not day 3, because 90% of the people who claim they're going skiing on Thursday will not actually be doing so.

god i hope you're right. on the V-day storm at Smuggs, typically empty, had 40+ minute waits at the lifts

BenedictGomez

god i hope you're right. on the V-day storm at Smuggs, typically empty, had 40+ minute waits at the lifts

Saint Valentines Day is the heart of ski season, kids are starting to play baseball etc.... I dont think lines will be that bad. On Saturday, lines at Smuggs were 13 - 16 minutes long at Madonna.

lstone84

Saint Valentines Day is the heart of ski season, kids are starting to play baseball etc.... I dont think lines will be that bad. On Saturday, lines at Smuggs were 13 - 16 minutes long at Madonna.

hmm that was day after a powder day right? the school vaca, cancelled school, and friday might've been the issue..thursday should be better