• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

j law

Coming from NYC, this is going to be a tough decision on where to go for a day trip on thursday...

I'm trying to decide between Gore and Magic b/c I think the tree's will be great at both. Gore is a bit further north... might make the call when I leave at 3am thursday.

Please keep feeding me maps b/c it's way more interesting than my TPS reports!!!

4aprice

Reading this thread reminds me of listening to the 1969 World Series on a transistor radio in grade school. On pins and needles, tuning out only to tune back in 10 minutes later. :lol: Let's go snow.:snow:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Coming from NYC, this is going to be a tough decision on where to go for a day trip on thursday...

I'm trying to decide between Gore and Magic
b/c I think the tree's will be great at both.

Based on the weather forecast Gore will get more snow, though it's not a slam dunk you'll be skiing at either one of them on Thursday.

MadMadWorld

Forgive me, I'm a bit of a baseball nerd, but you had me until this. Bunting is the worst thing you can intentionally do in baseball.

I'd have to agree but I also find that watching somebody "steal" second base with a runner on third is ridiculous. They don't even bother trying to throw down.

2knees

Based on the weather forecast Gore will get more snow, though it's not a slam dunk you'll be skiing at either one of them on Thursday.

Are you making reference to the wind? I am going to sugarbush thursday and friday with a friend who doesn't ski much. I am trying to prepare him for the fact that thursday is gonna be bonkers cold and windy and that he may not actually enjoy it and that he may not have too many lifts to choose from.....

j law

I think he's worried about the rain/snow line as well as the wind. I see 50mph gusts

Tin

Given all the issues Sugarbush has had with their lifts this year it would be quite the gamble for Thursday and Friday. Especially with 30+ mph winds and windchill values between -30 and -35 at mid mountain. Bush and Smuggs were our original choices but these factors (and a friend out of town) made us rethink it.

2knees

I think he's worried about the rain/snow line as well as the wind. I see 50mph gusts

based on his response to the quoted post being there is no guarantee you will be skiing either, i would think that is just in relation to wind. Anywhere in s. vt that gets rain is gonna flip back to snow for a while, the rain snow line won't keep an area closed. Gale force winds all day thursday are another story.

JDMRoma

Looks like the winds drop right down after Thursday, Friday and Saturday look fine….other than it being warm on Sat

2knees

Given all the issues Sugarbush has had with their lifts this year it would be quite the gamble for Thursday and Friday. Especially with 30+ mph winds and windchill values between -30 and -35 at mid mountain. Bush and Smuggs were our original choices but these factors (and a friend out of town) made us rethink it.

If the lifts at the bush aren't running I can go to MRG, Stowe, Middlebury hell even killington is only an hour south. There are plenty of options....but one thing you can almost guarantee is that Magic will be running their lift. Although, if the red is down, i'm not sure how well the black handles wind. The red could run in a hurricane...