• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rest of the season plans

Bumpsis

I'm lookig at Friday (4/18) as a possibilty for Cannon. Or may be even Thursday, which at least right now is looking better from the weather point of view. Easter weekend is out - family obilgations and the week of 4/21, possible day trip to Sugarbush, depending on what the weather will hold in store.
Today, I'm doing upkeep on my stable of bikes and go for my first and short ride.

WWF-VT

How is the coverage elsewhere? Are the woods skiable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I skied today after the rain ended and the snow making trails still have good coverage. Most natural snow trails (except Spillsvile) and the woods are done. If they were marginal today then they will be done after the warm up tomorrow.

BenedictGomez

Stinks that it's going to hit 70 tomorrow, because a ton of snow will be lost.

Jay updated their weather forecast and noted lower mountain woods arent skiable anymore (though upper is). I'm hoping that storm Tuesday night can deposit 6" and perhaps eek out an other 2 or 3 days of glades skiing.

fbrissette

Jay updated their weather forecast and noted lower mountain woods arent skiable anymore (though upper is).

???? I don't ski Bushwacker and the Moon glades but I always hit Buck woods going home, and it was in great shape this week-end. By great shape I mean no bare spots, and you can still hit all of the small cliffs in Buck ridge. For mid-April the mountain conditions are incredible. Runs like deliverance and Vertigo had zero bare spots on Saturday.

Today and tomorrow morning is going to do some serious damage however. The top of Face chutes and Green Beret was marginal and probably won't survive today, but Easter weekend should see the mountain in really good conditions, especially considering the incoming snow (6 inches ?) and subsequent cold weather.

BenedictGomez

^Well that's good to hear. If you check out the updated weather bit it seemed pretty negative regarding low-elevation woods conditions.

boston_e

I've called it a wrap for the season. It's always hard to say goodbye, but at the same time I'm psyched for the spring and summertime activities.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well just got more snow out here...after very warm temps that closed most places. Honestly though the places that have closed would have regardless. We're still just a bit below average for snow. Third year in a row :(

thetrailboss

Staff member