• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Missing the season!

John9

Boredom season until the second weekend of September when NJ bow hunting opens.

Domeskier

The season never ends at Xanadu! Detune your edges and grind some sick rails with the indigenous mallrats. And maybe pick up a cinnabon for the bus ride home, too.

machski

The season never ends at Xanadu! Detune your edges and grind some sick rails with the indigenous mallrats. And maybe pick up a cinnabon for the bus ride home, too.
If I ever get a long enough overnight in Teterboro I plan to hit it. Too bad we don't stay at the Meadowlands as our primary property, would be much easier to slip over for a session.

skiur

The idea of skiing on a 90 degrees day in July sounds incredible. The idea of humping my ski gear in from the parking lot and then back out to it on a 90 degrees day in July sounds disgusting.

2Planker

The idea of skiing on a 90 degrees day in July sounds incredible. The idea of humping my ski gear in from the parking lot and then back out to it on a 90 degrees day in July sounds disgusting.
Sounds like playing Mens Hockey.... Except a Hockey bag is way more gear to lug around
But man, does that rink feel great when it's still 90+ in Metro Boston at 10pm.

urungus

Indoor skiing on hot days sounds great until you look at the cost.

I’d rather go boating instead.
I looked at the cost of Big Snow. It’s 50 bucks for two hours, doesn’t seem that outlandish.

Kingslug20

My sailboat was the least expensive toy I ever owned..got it for free..cleaned it up..went sailing...

jaytrem

I looked at the cost of Big Snow. It’s 50 bucks for two hours, doesn’t seem that outlandish.
Much cheaper if you buy a 6 pack when they're on sale, I paid $120. So basically $10 an hour.

Domeskier

Much cheaper if you buy a 6 pack when they're on sale, I paid $120. So basically $10 an hour.
Much more reasonable for what you get. $25 an hour is approaching Vail window rates. And on the weekends, the lift line is almost as bad. The newbs refuse to fill the chairs and there's no one controlling the line.

John9

I would be going on a weekday, possibly to tryout a new pair of skis I am thinking about.