• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
PJ, lets not forget that if Tom didn't step up last year the mountain would not have opened at all. We know it wasn't the best but he was left with a shitload of financial issues and other legal nightmares. My theory is since the "minority shareholder" is not budging on the sale, they want to prove that they can make a go of it without new owners. Let's hope my theory is correct and it will be a banner year for us all !

Tom may have stepped up financially last year, but his business and management practices were atrocious. We can hope for a banner year, but seeing the issues from last year that aren't getting resolved has left me disillusioned and pessimistic at best. Our rental house, which for the past several years had been exclusively Magic pass holders now has 6/8 people with alternate passes and plans. We all want to ski there, we love the place and the people, but it is hard to have blind faith in management who drops the ball on all fronts on a regular basis.

Magic

Tom may have stepped up financially last year, but his business and management practices were atrocious. We can hope for a banner year, but seeing the issues from last year that aren't getting resolved has left me disillusioned and pessimistic at best. Our rental house, which for the past several years had been exclusively Magic pass holders now has 6/8 people with alternate passes and plans. We all want to ski there, we love the place and the people, but it is hard to have blind faith in management who drops the ball on all fronts on a regular basis.

Sad but true :(

slatham

Who is this Matt Cote fellow they reference? Perhaps he is the Norse god?

He wishes....but apparently he raises pigs for ritual sacrifice, so I guess not to be messed with? Hope it works!

THINK SNOW!

prsboogie

From the FB page

Attention all Magic employees: Hope all had a great summer but it's time to think snow and getting back to the mountain. Please call the office at 802-825-5645 so we can set up a time to go over paperwork and such. There a variety of positions open so get the word out that we are hiring. Magic has a New Altitude and we hope to hear from you soon. Emily

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
What the fuck is a wit list? If this was just one instance of a typo I don't think I'd care, but it is just another entry on the list of things that Magic just can't seem to do right...

Attachments

• 1445008277787.jpg
    1445008277787.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 190

Tin

New altitude...I knew they invested but that is a big change. Base at 2000' with a summit at 4000'?

I can't make it up this weekend due to a nasty cold but I will donate a "Hooked On Phonics" kit.

Magic

"Show me a man who can't be bothered to do the little things, and I'll show you a man who can't be trusted to do the big things."

Vince writes really well and has marketed the hell out of The Upper Pass. Perhaps he could moonlight ?

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
They need someone ASAP. Emily is in WAY over her head and it is extremely frustrating to watch. I mean, how many people have ever had their phone autocorrect Ullr to Ulkr? Seriously, what the fuck? As an organization, they need to hold themselves to a higher standard if they want to attract guests this winter.

slatham

Steamboat, have to admit that made me laugh. Nothing personal, but I hope you don't have reason to use it again.

I will note that Magic updated their webs site with news of the upcoming Londonderry Halloween event. New pictures, a brief blurb (no misspellings!) and a link that worked!

Sorcerer

From front page of web site:

"We have turned on Season Pass sales. The early season prices will be in effect until the end of Friday October 16th. Work on both chairs is ongoing and I fully expect them to be ready for opening day. There is a volunteer day next Saturday, October 10th. Come on out and see the progress. There will be further good news later this week. We look forward to a great season this year!"

Has there been any good news announced? It's been almost 2 weeks since this was posted.