• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

granite

I did not know that a new dam was being built for Echo Lake; rom Cannon Web site, Mittersill info:

The Mittersill - Cannon hiking trail will be closed this summer and possibly longer due to the Mittersill Improvement Project.

Phase II of the Mittersill Terrain Improvement Project Underway

•We’ll offer snowmaking from top-to-bottom on Baron’s Run this season

•The Mittersill trail footprint will include the final widening and shaping on Taft Slalom, Baron’s Run, Skyline, Ridge Run, and the new connecting trail from the top of the (future) surface lift back over to Baron’s Run

•A new dam is being constructed at Echo Lake to increase both our snowmaking capacity and downstream flow to support the fish habitat

granite

I did not know that a new dam was being built for Echo Lake; rom Cannon Web site, Mittersill info:

The Mittersill - Cannon hiking trail will be closed this summer and possibly longer due to the Mittersill Improvement Project.

Phase II of the Mittersill Terrain Improvement Project Underway

•We’ll offer snowmaking from top-to-bottom on Baron’s Run this season

•The Mittersill trail footprint will include the final widening and shaping on Taft Slalom, Baron’s Run, Skyline, Ridge Run, and the new connecting trail from the top of the (future) surface lift back over to Baron’s Run

•A new dam is being constructed at Echo Lake to increase both our snowmaking capacity and downstream flow to support the fish habitat

I hope this does not flood out the Zoomer Bar.

VTKilarney

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it looks like you can see a lot of recent cutting at Mittersill from the interstate while heading south toward Cannon.

dlague

Ski!....how we wish. I would hazard a guess = slopeside, ski-in/ski-out condos.

There are condos there already from Mittersill's earlier years. I do not see more going in due to restrictions.

My brother-in-law climbs a lot in that area coming from Littleton and in his opinion they are raping and pillaging Mittersill and he thinks it is now ruined. Certainly damaged for sure in many skier's eye.

SIKSKIER

There are condos there already from Mittersill's earlier years. I do not see more going in due to restrictions.

My brother-in-law climbs a lot in that area coming from Littleton and in his opinion they are raping and pillaging Mittersill and he thinks it is now ruined. Certainly damaged for sure in many skier's eye.

He must have been horrified back in the early 80's before mother nature did its thing and reclaimed most of the old trails.

Puck it

Ha! Threecy always has to get the talking points in! "Facing the same direction as the wind scoured Cannonball trail". Whole mountain except Zoomer side has a bit of that aspect to it.

Profile ain't my fave, but it skied great this past year fairly often.
I don't remember a day this year that profile skied like crap. It must have been a good year.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ha! Threecy always has to get the talking points in! "Facing the same direction as the wind scoured Cannonball trail". Whole mountain except Zoomer side has a bit of that aspect to it.

Ha!

I noticed that too. :lol:

I love his website. It is probably my second most frequented skiing related website after this one. What makes it so great is not only the tremendous abundance of information, but also that it's presented in an unbiased manner.

Except for Cannon. He always has to crowbar a dig in somewhere when talking about Cannon. They must have kicked his dog or something.

dlague

I don't remember a day this year that profile skied like crap. It must have been a good year.

December when it got wind blown a few times - poachers were finding the rocks! Kidding aside, Profile was great once the season got cranking. They did shut it down during the ice weekend in January.