• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

AdironRider

Love how threecy is making this about him not getting the job over JD. That is the agenda.

Puck it

IF that is true, that is very unfortunate that anyone but the management who ignored the issue would lose their jobs. But again, that is a very big IF. What basis would they have to let them go?

Regarding Threecy-I agree with Puck it. If you have some agenda, please don't drag me into it.

I will say-I do know of one area business that received email from JD telling them to back off Cannon, as he told me he was going to, I wrote down all the meets I had with Cannon (one). Even though it wasn't the business, but Cannon employees waiting in line in the business talking about what they had been told about my accident. Instead of taking responsibility, he lashed out at. That made me uncomfortable.

Is your lawyer talking with anyone from the State? If so, who? I would expect the attonery general would be involved.

Cannonball

IF that is true, that is very unfortunate that anyone but the management who ignored the issue would lose their jobs. But again, that is a very big IF. What basis would they have to let them go?

To clarify. When I mentioned your issue to people, I heard that people have lost jobs in the past over other issues. Not over your issue.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Don't use her plight to further your agenda.

Why? Maybe he's been onto something all along.

Regarding Threecy-I agree with Puck it. If you have some agenda, please don't drag me into it.
Seems to me that Threecy is sympathizing with you. What are you looking for here - merely sympathy or some help? Threecy's rants in the past may indeed be tied to your issue.

If JD is the problem you're may need to team up with people that you normally wouldn't want to team up with.

As far as news venues are concerned why not try Burlington Free Press or Boston Herald or Globe. In other word real news venues. STE, TGR and Unofficial Networks are not about real news.

I must say that for a thread called Cannon Lover's this isn't turning out so well.

AdironRider

Is THAT his beef?! Maybe he WOULD do a better job.:dontknow:

Considering his decorum here, and that he is the one levying the majority of the accusations about JD in this thread, you really believe that statement?

On the whole workman's comp issue, I think there is more to this story that Stephanie isn't laying out.

For a state owned ski area, this would be front page news if Cannon was indeed at fault 100%, then was going around and slandering the employee. The fact that pretty much every news outlet out there is passing on this seems telling.

Workmans comp also doesn't usually fuck around without cause. Something is really fishy about this whole ordeal. These scenarios are usually pretty cut and dry if a true workplace injury as described.

All of which doesn't change that she did get hurt, one way or another, and for that I hope she heals up quick.

Last edited:

Puck it

Wow. Just...wow.

I have represented everything factually and accurately. Feel free to go ask Cannon ski patrol the events as well-they will assure you I was 100% NOT at fault, and they, as well as other lift people witnessed the event. It would be difficult for me to have done anything wrong in walking out a door, on my first weekend, without any prior training. We have received no response from major news outlets, and we shared that already. If anyone has some "in" beyond their contact page on their websites, feel free to share.

In the meantime, we got our first bill from the hospital yesterday, as workers comp has NOT paid everything in full. When the state of NH is self-insured, it is slow, exhausting, and far from cut and dry, we are learning this the hard way. ESPECIALLY when you were a "seasonal" employee.
Most companies are self insured. It is the third party that drags it out to make their money.

DoublePlanker

This whole scenario is a perfect example why any State should not be involed in what should be a private Buisiness.

Why is this a good example of that? Governments employ huge numbers of people. An employee getting injured on the job is something that has to get dealt with all the time by governments whether it be the Feds or NH.

Puck it

K
If you're "self-insured" who is the 3rd party?
The insurance company is the administrator of the policy for the company or whatever. Aetna is the administrator for my company, but my company is the guarantor of the policy.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Why is this a good example of that? Governments employ huge numbers of people. An employee getting injured on the job is something that has to get dealt with all the time by governments whether it be the Feds or NH.

In a word "Fear" Most business people I deal with are always looking over there shoulder at Gov. regulation there are so many that every buisiness could be sighted for something.
If you are the Gov. things get overlooked.

AdironRider

But this wasn't an overlooked type situation. Your point is useless.

Sounds like you are just against Cannon being state run.

Jully

In a word "Fear" Most business people I deal with are always looking over there shoulder at Gov. regulation there are so many that every buisiness could be sighted for something.
If you are the Gov. things get overlooked.

Haha are you kidding me? The government isn't a group of fifteen guys that meets up for breakfast every morning. They hire outside people to run it and they have to submit to the same rules as everyone else or they'll get fined. It's a completely separate part of the government that regulates something like a ski area.

I'm not a fan of the government being involved with Canon either, but for different reasons. Overlooking regulations is not a valid reason against it

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
But this wasn't an overlooked type situation. Your point is useless.

Sounds like you are just against Cannon being state run.

Yes I am against State run "Buisness" . "Was'nt overlooked " ? From Stephanies account it was Damn negligent as the Ski Patrol brought it to someones attention. The point I was making is there is another reason why there might have been a better decision making process to open the lift in the firstplace. I guess we agree to dissagree. not simply against State run .Too much power in one place is never a good thing.
From other posts I've read it sounds like they have other safety issues.