• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Top to Bottom for Sunday?

snoseek

You guys are killing me with the EC pizza. Bianchis-Revere Beach is my favorite. Also a fan of Reginas.

You guys in NYC/Jersey got it good....you don't even know.

I'd put this place right up there with any of them however. I think i ate here 4 times last week as post ride recovery.http://hottomatocafe.com/

Now, Where I am there's 15 fucking pizza shops and I swear dominoes is probably the best option. Reno has one that's pretty good but thats over an hour....hmmmm maybe ill ride down in reno today and get some

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
K for the win again.
Amen. My sources tell me the lift line on the North Ridge reached 26 minutes last Saturday. None of the other open areas reported a line of more that a few skiers. Killington wins, not because they have the best terrain or the best complex. They win because of their location which makes them both a destination resort and a day trip area.

Smellytele

Amen. My sources tell me the lift line on the North Ridge reached 26 minutes last Saturday. None of the other open areas reported a line of more that a few skiers. Killington wins, not because they have the best terrain or the best complex. They win because of their location which makes them both a destination resort and a day trip area.

K may win but are the customers? Why is a 26 min lift line a good thing. I actual heard it was longer than 26 mins but every thing seems longer when you are the one standing in the line.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
K may win but are the customers? Why is a 26 min lift line a good thing. I actual heard it was longer than 26 mins but every thing seems longer when you are the one standing in the line.
I certainly don't think that a long lift line is a good thing. But my point is that Killington has the location. For me, it's 2 hours to Killington, 3 for Wildcat and longer for Sunday River or Sugarloaf. The travel time numbers are even more problematic for the NY/eastern seaboard crowd.

Newpylong

Customers should be well aware of limited options this early. More skiers, more it will make Killington realize the risky expenditure of early season is worth it.

Last edited:

jerryg

Your sources weren't in line at the Locke mid-station. The line was unfortunately just as long and would have been longer but half the people were ducking the rope and skiing Sunday Punch T2B. The latter was good because it severely thinning the download line which can be ridiculous with the lift's limited download capacity.
As for their location making K both a day trip and destination winner; the exact same thing can be said about SR. It really depends on where one is coming from. They serve different markets completely. If this were a telling category for larger areas, Loon, Waterville, and Mt. Snow would be ahead of the other two. Waterville not as much because there's not much in Campton, but Loon is probably the most accessible of all, within close proximity to Boston and 93 going right by the door.
Then again, if you're going for the skiing, stay on the hwy for ten minutes and Cannon destroys.
Everything is subjective in snow country. Just ask each mountain's snow reporters! :)