• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

machski

That is lower AmEx and there is a new entrance just below the Chondi top terminal that tends to funnel folks onto it more than usual n the past. That said, the SMI fan guns have done wonders pushing that trail to near full width coverage. Not the ice trap chute it used to be. Was busy as I was leaving after a double skin up morning. By 9 am they were already getting close to full on the White Cap overflow lots.

drjeff

Lots of college teams up at the River doing Winter Break training camps (my daughter's Holycross Ski Team being one of then right now)

kbroderick

Lots of college teams up at the River doing Winter Break training camps (my daughter's Holycross Ski Team being one of then right now)
Bates Carnival this coming Thursday/Friday, too, so there will be even more college racers around later this week.

Newpylong

wow. Now if Eureka gets the nod too?
sacha baron cohen king GIF

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm hearing and seeing that Jordan 8 is having a lot of issues. There are pics of folks hiking out of the Jordan Base area this weekend due to the lift being down. Any updates? And why not operate the Jordan Double to get people over to Aurora?

Newpylong

If you're going from an 8 to a 2 there are going to be lines even if it was running. Maybe people wanted to hike vs wait for a lift out?

deadheadskier

Staff member
The social media posts I saw were of folks hiking to the Jordan Grand, but maybe some folks also hiked to Oz chair. I would think they'd fire up the double transfer when the 8 goes down.

Dickc

The social media posts I saw were of folks hiking to the Jordan Grand, but maybe some folks also hiked to Oz chair. I would think they'd fire up the double transfer when the 8 goes down.
Pretty sure the double was running, but I've been over there before when the Jordan goes down. If you are not one of the first at the double, you wait and wait and wait as its capacity is not very good. Walking up to the Jordan grand and taking a shuttle is probably faster.

drjeff

If you're going from an 8 to a 2 there are going to be lines even if it was running. Maybe people wanted to hike vs wait for a lift out?
A pic my daughter sent me late morning yesterday (Sunday) as her and some of her college ski team members were in line for the Jordan Double after they stopped loading it
IMG_1878.jpg

machski

I'm hearing and seeing that Jordan 8 is having a lot of issues. There are pics of folks hiking out of the Jordan Base area this weekend due to the lift being down. Any updates? And why not operate the Jordan Double to get people over to Aurora?
That's social media for you. Yes, having some teething pains but has only been down for parts of a day at most. This instance reported was cleared up in under an hour. New machines have teething pains, just no way around it. Wife skied today and reported no Jordan issues.

kbroderick

Is that an option currently? Good for SR if they have the natural snowpack to do that. Seems like few places would right now.
I haven't been over there, but I'd guess based on elevation and aspect that it would be doable. My yard is probably a thousand feet lower and has enough snow that, if packed, would be enough to skate across.