• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Get out there this weekend...

Tin

Looking like the end of last December that messed up January will repeat. 50s and lots of wet stuff. Hope Santa has good rain gear.

Last edited:

4aprice

Not exactly sure what your seeing Tin. One storm is about to pass with rain but on the back side of that is needed cold (snowmaking). Its the east, I agree get out this weekend and enjoy the good snow while its here, but don't see any major melt downs. The surfaces will be hard until refreshed enough down the road.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm doing a Smuggs > MRG weekend because I don't want to get screwed again like last year when I waited for January. I really should have done this last weekend. I'm sure the skiing will be fine, but unspectacular. Last year when I went in January, it poured.

Rowsdower

No real cold air is coming behind it. I'm seeing warm and rain for Christmas, then slightly colder for another week. Any real cold temps are so far out in the forecast they could not materialize at all.

VTKilarney

What's frustrating is that we aren't getting a good stretch of snowmaking weather when we need it the most.

Tin

Not exactly sure what your seeing Tin. One storm is about to pass with rain but on the back side of that is needed cold (snowmaking). Its the east, I agree get out this weekend and enjoy the good snow while its here, but don't see any major melt downs. The surfaces will be hard until refreshed enough down the road.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1-2"+ of rain and temps in the 50s. Southern VT, Cats, and Berks could get 2-3". The woods and trails with natural snow are in trouble.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm sure they're just making sure it's running well for the Holiday week. That lift is 50 years old after all.

According to the snow report, it's running now.

bzrperfspec77

I'm sure they're just making sure it's running well for the Holiday week. That lift is 50 years old after all.

According to the snow report, it's running now.

Thanks deadhead. I'm going there for the first time the weekend after new years... Hopefully this rain storm doesn't affect them too much.

xwhaler

Burke Saturday, Owls Head Sunday

Hoping to get to Pats to burn a midweek voucher on Xmas Eve...don't mind a little rain and soft snow
We'll see how much of a soaker it is

Last edited:

yeggous

I'm not sure where I am going to make it. I am still in San Francisco for work. I land at Logan at 6am, so Saturday is shot unless I get some night skiing at Crotched. I am torn about Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

salsgang

Well - we got Saddleback Saturday (no surprise there) then heading to Florida for Xmas break to visit the in-laws. No skiing there but hopefully I can keep all the warm weather down there.