• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/25-26/14 Weather

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
attachment.php

Attachments

• OP-WXALERTDEC21.jpg
    OP-WXALERTDEC21.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 214

Cannonball

Merry Christmas everyone. Forget about skiing for a while, go drink some eggnog and introduce yourself to your family!

We spend all summer Jones'n for any hint of winter. We ski dirt, rocks, and mud in the fall and spring just to stretch the season a bit. I'm not going to forget about skiing in December just because things are a little wet or firm. Friday is going to be sunny in the 30s. I'll take a dose of spring skiing anytime!! Welcome to New England.

xwhaler

Saturday could be pretty sweet...mid 40s and sunshine could produce spring skiing in December.

Bostonian

Eh I will be in NYC with my family - Typical Jewish Christmas - chinese food and movies tomorrow - Friday will be hanging out in the City, Saturday stupid drive to Philly and Sunday home sweet home... Maybe I will bag monday and go skiing if the forecast improves

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We spend all summer Jones'n for any hint of winter. We ski dirt, rocks, and mud in the fall and spring just to stretch the season a bit. I'm not going to forget about skiing in December just because things are a little wet or firm. Friday is going to be sunny in the 30s. I'll take a dose of spring skiing anytime!! Welcome to New England.
Go For It!! Can't wait for the TR with Pics! :)

deadheadskier

Staff member

Cannonball meet billski

He likes to complain about the weather and when he's not doing that, he likes to complain about people complaining about the weather. ;)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Cannonball meet billski

He likes to complain about the weather and when he's not doing that, he likes to complain about people complaining about the weather. ;)
You got that right! Now that you've snapped me out of character, what was I complaining about? I think I'll complain about that I forgot what I was complaining about!

Cornhead

Anything next week?

Yes, inquiring minds need to know. Glad I've got new Volkls, they're not too shabby at holding an edge on boilerplate, especially when new.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It's all up to the snow guns. It looks like the temps will stay below freezing post-Xmas, but right now, there's low confidence for moisture in the mix. Then again, next week is light years away and everything will change. :rolleyes:

Until then, there will be weather next week. Here's the forecast:

dlague

Merry Christmas everyone. Forget about skiing for a while, go drink some eggnog and introduce yourself to your family!

Negative - We plan on skiing on the 25th (Bretton Woods), 26th (Gunstock) and the 28th (Cannon) - no matter what! Family is on board!

+1 If it can be done in the spring - it can be done now!

Go For It!! Can't wait for the TR with Pics! :)

Will be sure to send them along!

Tin

Negative - We plan on skiing on the 25th (Bretton Woods)

I would pay attention to their report and make sure there are no lift closures for tomorrow between ice and possible power issues. They have been getting freezing rain all morning and that is expected to continue into the afternoon. Hopefully the rain starts early enough to soften things up for you guys and can take care of icing.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Colorado, Utah, California... Too far? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a few hours farther than what I was hoping for. :-(

what kind of skiing or boarding are you looking for? What level?

Honestly, every ski area is in the same boat weather-wise.

Snowboarder. I guess you could say advanced. I like everything, steeps, trees, bumps, park. I had a cannon pass last year, but it looks like I'm going to be moving south for work in a few weeks so I wanted to get my money's worth this weekend.