• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

Jcb890

Correct. Minus the toll house area. It's still a good amount of terrain.

So would my best bet for a beginner trail would be?
Toll Road > Lower Toll Road > Ryan's Folly > Lullaby Lane > Crossover > Lower Lift Line (to get back to Fourrunner Quad)

Would any of these require any cross-country snowboarding or do they have enough slope to keep going?

Thanks again for the help deadhead!

CoolMike

Toll Road > Lower Toll Road > Ryan's Folly > Lullaby Lane > Crossover > Lower Lift Line (to get back to Fourrunner Quad)

Would any of these require any cross-country snowboarding or do they have enough slope to keep going?

These trails are really hard for a snowboarder unless you are pretty good at flat spotting and retaining speed. Even then this run would be a huge leg burner. Avoid Toll Road in my opinion.

Edit: You'd be much better off on a trail with slightly more average pitch. Toll road is really flat.

drjeff

For those who frequent Mount Snow - the Sundance Lodge and parking lot is closed. We were pretty disappointed with this on Sunday. We had to park much farther away and people at Sundance just seemed to be a nicer lot from past experiences.

That's been listed on the snow report for about a week now. Mount Snow is currently using the Sundance lot as a receiving area for 50,000 feet of snowmaking pipe for replacement of old pipe this summer - they've already been doing some welding of segments and have begun dragging sections of pipe over the snow after the lifts close to pre position some segments for installation this summer - they had already brought what looked like 30+ sections of pipe over to the Northface and positioned them behind the loading area for both lifts

Sometimes bigger picture progresd comes with short term inconveniences

Jcb890

These trails are really hard for a snowboarder unless you are pretty good at flat spotting and retaining speed. Even then this run would be a huge leg burner. Avoid Toll Road in my opinion.

Edit: You'd be much better off on a trail with slightly more average pitch. Toll road is really flat.

CoolMike - thank you for your input, that is a good tidbit of information to have. I am good at flat spotting and retaining speed, but my wife being a beginner, is not. So, perhaps a better option would be a nice wide Blue-square trail I can take her on which isn't too bad. One thing she didn't like about Long John @ Mount Snow was that for a good portion of the trail, there is a cliff/dropoff on the side. That made her a bit nervous.

That's been listed on the snow report for about a week now. Mount Snow is currently using the Sundance lot as a receiving area for 50,000 feet of snowmaking pipe for replacement of old pipe this summer - they've already been doing some welding of segments and have begun dragging sections of pipe over the snow after the lifts close to pre position some segments for installation this summer - they had already brought what looked like 30+ sections of pipe over to the Northface and positioned them behind the loading area for both lifts

Sometimes bigger picture progresd comes with short term inconveniences

Oh I know. I knew that going in. Still, it was disappointing to be required to use the Main Base Lodge.

chuckstah

Waterville extending for an extra weekend on the 11th and 12th. Total shitshow there today with crowds and lift issues.

jaytrem

Sundown done 4/2 throwing the towel with lots of snow left but rain Friday so they done.!

That sucks, I was hoping to get there on Friday. No luck for me when trying to hit new places this year.

Jully

Waterville extending for an extra weekend on the 11th and 12th. Total shitshow there today with crowds and lift issues.

What lift issues do they have? I hadn't heard anything and was considering going after visiting family for easter.

chuckstah

The main quad was down til about 11, then start and stop all day. This created massive lines on the other lifts, except for the northside double. Valley run quad and Sunnyside were start and stop all day also, probably due to massive crowds. It should be fine this weekend with limited crowds.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

If the triple is running, that is a great place for beginners.

chuckstah

I can't speak for crowds as I. Not a Waterville skier, only second time in 8 years or so and don't ski many weekends. The cover was good everywhere, glades open, but skied off conditions by noon. I would think crowds would be light but just a guess.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Sunapee
How can we close on April 12 with all this great snow still? WE CAN'T! We are extending the season an additional week and will remain open through Sunday, April 19