• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

[Article] These New England ski resorts have the best on-mountain food...

thetrailboss

Staff member

kendo

I'm addicted to the breakfast sandwich at Stowe Octagon... hits the spot after first couple of runs.

OctagonBkftSand.JPG

Edd

If I were Bretton Woods' PR dept I'd be pissed that NH got one callout in this article... for Zip's @ Cranmore. No disrespect to Zip's, but come on' :p
I love Zip’s but that is ridiculous. BW has been doing a severely abbreviated menu at the base lodge pub. The restaurant doesn’t seem to run during the week at least. It’s nice, because you can order at the bar and sit in the restaurant near the windows, self seating. I’ve been avoiding people there so I like to have a couple of drinks standing at the corner window with the high counter, near that satellite bar. You can stare out the window at Mt Washington and watch the beginners area, which is highly entertaining.

2Planker

If I were Bretton Woods' PR dept I'd be pissed that NH got one callout in this article... for Zip's @ Cranmore. No disrespect to Zip's, but come on' :p
Agree w/ some of the Maine choices.
SL - Bullwinkle's and The Bag have both been great for many years !
SR - Mt Room & Cho Sun also both very good. But The Goggle & Sliders ?? Really ??? Average at best

Last edited:
Reactions: Edd

skiur

Peak lodge at Killington has very good food. Unfortunately it is also quite overpriced.

drjeff

I will say that both the Ramen bowl in the Carinthia Base Lodge at Mount Snow as well as the Noodle Bowls in the main base lodge at Stratton are quite tasty, and really hit the spot on a cold day for lunch

MadPadraic

Cannon's base lodge bar has a mac&cheese + chili dish (the Avalanche maybe) which is usually overkill, but is absolutely perfect if it's been one of those very cold and very exhausting days.

JimG.

Staff member
Peak lodge at Killington has very good food. Unfortunately it is also quite overpriced.
Agreed.

The menu has been simplified no more salmon special either. I still like the turkey chili on a cold afternoon.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Agreed.

The menu has been simplified no more salmon special either. I still like the turkey chili on a cold afternoon.
So has Killington completed the new Killington Base Lodge or is it still sitting incomplete?

MadPadraic

On the subject of actual on mountain food. On a very very cold day at Bretton Woods, my better half and I decided to do a sit down lunch at their mid mountain lodge around, say, 1:30. The service was slow, the place the freezing, and the soup was nearly as cold. This was also back when BW was trying to market themselves as a lux destination, but they certainly didn't measure up. Would not recommend.

thetrailboss

Staff member
On the subject of actual on mountain food. On a very very cold day at Bretton Woods, my better half and I decided to do a sit down lunch at their mid mountain lodge around, say, 1:30. The service was slow, the place the freezing, and the soup was nearly as cold. This was also back when BW was trying to market themselves as a lux destination, but they certainly didn't measure up. Would not recommend.
When was this? Sounds like you were at the Top O' Quad (or whatever it is now called)