• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

steamboat1

More people riding the Canyon quad today on the webcam, than I've seen all season.
Likely due to the fact that both Cascade runout & lower Bunny Buster are nearly washed out getting to the gondola. Lower Bunny where it crosses the bottom of Conclusion had very little snow Fri.The loading area for the gondola before the steps is just about washed out. Cascade runout just past the Canyon Quad was getting bare Fri. I don't know if they farmed snow from another area to try to patch it up for the weekend. They didn't do any patch work the 3 days I was there this past week.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Likely due to the fact that both Cascade runout & lower Bunny Buster are nearly washed out getting to the gondola. Lower Bunny where it crosses the bottom of Conclusion had very little snow Fri.The loading area for the gondola before the steps is just about washed out. Cascade runout just past the Canyon Quad was getting bare Fri. I don't know if they farmed snow from another area to try to patch it up for the weekend. They didn't do any patch work the 3 days I was there this past week.
Those areas are still covered...the area in front of the lodge is done.

skiMEbike

Loaf just announced their closing plans: Open Daily through Sunday April 24th, and then will close midweek with plans to reopen for one more weekend 4/30 & 5/1.

Great spring conditions up at the Loaf this past weekend.

steamboat1

Good news for Killington Midweek Season Pass Holders - starting Saturday April 23, midweek passes are valid 7 days a week for the rest of the season!

The K-1 Express Gondola has now closed for the season. Superstar Express Quad will continue to operate daily through May 1, and then switch to a Friday, Saturday and Sunday only operation mode. Weather permitting, Superstar Express will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays for the remainder of the season.

cdskier

On another note Sugarbush is going to a weekend only schedule after the 24th, conditions permitting.

Sort of...they seem to always target to end daily operations the last full weekend of April and then if conditions allow they "reopen" for one more "bonus" weekend the following week in an attempt to hit May.

Some trails were getting a bit thin this weekend, so I would expect their trail count to start dropping (I'd expect Lower Organgrinder, Birdland, and maybe even Jester and Lower Jester to be done soon). Stein's is still quite deep and shouldn't have a problem making it to May 1st though.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I haven't seen anything definitive either on web sites or on this thread for Stowe, Jay Peak, Killington or Sugarbush. Could I get an update?

Didn't have time to answer as I was gone skiing. What a wonderful weekend, that is what Spring skiing is all about.

Well no one created a thread for 2016 and I don't necessarily like to mention my blog posts if there isn't topic related.

As per my annual tradition, here is my weekly post on the Who, What and Where? (see link for more details)

The best of Spring Skiing – Eastern Closing 2016 – Week 4
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/the-best-of-spring-skiing-eastern-closing-2016-week-4/

Down to 15 (which now includes the Midwest) East of the Rockies. Only 6 are open daily.

Midwest : Lutsen, Ski Brule
Quebec : Fortune, MSS, MSA, Valinouet, Lac Vert, Comi
Vermont : Jay, Stowe, Bush, Kmart
New Hampshire : Wildcat
Maine : SR, Loaf

WWF-VT

Sort of...they seem to always target to end daily operations the last full weekend of April and then if conditions allow they "reopen" for one more "bonus" weekend the following week in an attempt to hit May.

Some trails were getting a bit thin this weekend, so I would expect their trail count to start dropping (I'd expect Lower Organgrinder, Birdland, and maybe even Jester and Lower Jester to be done soon). Stein's is still quite deep and shouldn't have a problem making it to May 1st though.

They should have called Jester and Lower OG done on Sunday. Lots of fast grass and rocks are all that's left in too many places.

cdskier

They should have called Jester and Lower OG done on Sunday. Lots of fast grass and rocks are all that's left in too many places.

I skied Lower OG after the Stein's Challenge was over and was very surprised it was still open at that point on Saturday. I was pretty amazed the scratches on my skis after that run were so minor as I definitely hit a few rocks.

Sons of Thunder

Didn't have time to answer as I was gone skiing. What a wonderful weekend, that is what Spring skiing is all about.

Well no one created a thread for 2016 and I don't necessarily like to mention my blog posts if there isn't topic related.

As per my annual tradition, here is my weekly post on the Who, What and Where? (see link for more details)

The best of Spring Skiing – Eastern Closing 2016 – Week 4
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/the-best-of-spring-skiing-eastern-closing-2016-week-4/

Down to 15 (which now includes the Midwest) East of the Rockies. Only 6 are open daily.

Midwest : Lutsen, Ski Brule
Quebec : Fortune, MSS, MSA, Valinouet, Lac Vert, Comi
Vermont : Jay, Stowe, Bush, Kmart
New Hampshire : Wildcat
Maine : SR, Loaf

Your blog has been a great resource to me these past weeks. You should post whenever you update it, as long as its within the rules here of course. Hell, you should have a sticky thread.