• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And you though Jay's windholds were BS?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
From Jiminy Peak's snow report:

Wednesday Day #107. Operating hours 9 am - 10 pm. Lift tickets are at non-holiday rates. Widow White's Peak will not open due to wind. The Magic Carpet Lift is also closed due to wind. The Grand Slam double lift will open at 10:15 am. Some steeps may be left ungroomed today.

WTF?? :lol:

VTKilarney

Maybe the little kids were getting blown away while riding up the lift. :lol:

BenedictGomez

Maybe the little kids were getting blown away while riding up the lift. :lol:

It could be a liability.

sofia-the-first-two-to-tangu.jpg

skiNEwhere

Sounds like jiminy has had to do this before? I'd love to hear from someone in management on the reasoning why. I bet it really is because kids were getting blow off, what else could it be, kids getting blow back up the hill when trying to go down?

Hawkshot99

Sounds like jiminy has had to do this before? I'd love to hear from someone in management on the reasoning why. I bet it really is because kids were getting blow off, what else could it be, kids getting blow back up the hill when trying to go down?

are there trees nearby? limbs were dropping like crazy here today. could easily see that being a risk.

There are 2 carpets at Jiminy. 1 is solely to service "Alex's Terrain Park". This park is closed for the week, to prepare for the Spring Fling. Without a park, there is no need for the carpet.
The other carpet is on the lowest level trail "Chipmunk". (This trail is a tennis court in the summer). Trees could be a possibility here, as it is tucked away in the trees.

ceo

I was once at Sugarloaf when the #3 T-bar (you know, the one remaining T-bar for when it's too windy to run Spillway/Skyline) was on wind hold. It was blowing so hard you literally could not stand up at the top of it.

Saw them put the Cannon tram on wind hold once, when the wind was making the track ropes whip up and down between Tower 3 and the upper terminal, making the tram car shake violently. That... was not fun.

dlague

Speaking to the title - windholds at Jay are BS? Have you been on Flyer or the Tram when it is windy or even the top of Bonnie! If it is windy - I get it at Jay - no BS. Hey Jay Peak's Magic Carpet has a tunnel - maybe that would help Jiminy!