• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Sky, Montana: March 12-14, 2021

Tonyr

Great report thanks for sharing, I was at Big Sky earlier this year as well and loved it. I would have liked to ride the tram up but didn't want to wait over an hour for it. Was the run worth the wait?

Zand

Awesome report! I pulled up the trail map and followed along with your report, trying to get a feel for the place. I'm done making excuses, finally going to get there next year no matter what. Hopefully they have a little more snow next year. It's crazy how much of a difference there is between there and Jackson a couple hours to the south. Though I guess it's the same thing as comparing Jay to Okemo. Hell, the craziest one is comparing Alta to Park City which are less than 10 miles apart.

Question - Is West Yellowstone a practical place to stay during a snowy period? I know it's about an hour away on a dry day. Is it decently flat between there and the resort or would it be real tough to drive? Is Bozeman a more practical place to stay? Google says same drive time as West Yellowstone. If I'm there for a week I'd definitely not want to pay to stay at Big Sky so would have to be one of those.

Last edited: