Saddleback - Page 84

AlpineZone

Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddleback

Seems they have only said it once and it does not seem they have closed the purchase yet.

In my mind Saddleback opening this winter has moved to the unlikely category.

I've got to agree that it will open. They would not fork over the money for a lift install this year if they only intended to open next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat in January View Post
    Seems they have only said it once and it does not seem they have closed the purchase yet.

In my mind Saddleback opening this winter has moved to the unlikely category.
    Closings always take time. That doesn't mean nothing is happening. Didn't the original announcement say the closing would happen later this summer? We're still well within that expected time-frame and I wouldn't at all be surprised if you don't "hear" much in the way of updates until that officially happens.

It would be nice if they had better communication.

Although each situation is different, the lengthy delay on closing the deal at Magic last year - November 21 or so - and yet still opening gives confidence that there is enough time for SB to get open. I would think it very important to the new owners to open this season.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Closings always take time. That doesn't mean nothing is happening. Didn't the original announcement say the closing would happen later this summer? We're still well within that expected time-frame and I wouldn't at all be surprised if you don't "hear" much in the way of updates until that officially happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    It would be nice if they had better communication.
    That is definitely true, but I agree with cdskier. The owners have an operating agreement in place. That means they theoretically can be doing stuff right now. I have not heard anything either way about whether or not stuff is happening on the hill though.

Did they officially place the order with Dopp? Or did they have an agreement in place that an order would be made eventually and the survey work that was done did not cost them anything?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    yes, you are correct but not sure beyond contacting contractors how much will actually get done prior to closing.

We know they need at least 1 new lift to run. Beyond stakes in the ground and a foraging mission by dopplemyer we do not know the status of new lift installation (rumor on FB is not this year). The groomer fleet needs to be leased (not a big deal). We do not know the status of the 2 working chairlifts and what needs to be done to get them certified. We do not know the status of the snowmaking system. We know no season pass sales are available. Apparently the GM is being retained, but we do not know where they stand putting people in place to run the mountain. The group at the news purchase agreement has 0 ski management experience as far as I can tell.

These unknowns coupled with their desire to get it right is why I think it is doubtful they open this year.

Nothing visible happening on the mountain. Chairs are still swaying in the breeze on the Rangeley double.

No way they can start a quad chair install now and be ready before Christmas. If they open, o would guess it would be a Feb 1

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    No way they can start a quad chair install now and be ready before Christmas. If they open, o would guess it would be a Feb 1

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    It is getting late to do an install.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information