• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Collective adds Taos and Stowe

SnowRock

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this.... I usually get about 10 days at Stowe and have used the Vermont Travel Club card the past two years (hat tip to this board on that). Its been great because I have also been able to use it at other mountains on the east coast. I noticed this year Stowe has added a blackout period from Dec 26 to the 31st and I typically get up there for New Years so that may eat into one of my days.

So if I did my math correctly and get up there for my typical days... with the VT Travel club card I'd be looking at an average around 75 bucks vs 81 just doing Stowe with the mt collective, but then get 2 days for free for the "out west" trip I'm planning, not to mention the option of another 2 days at a place like snowbird which I can maybe fit into a work trip to Cali.

AdironRider

But if you have your tickets covered, you're not beholden to the resort. You can get cheap lodging at a Motel 6, or even better VBRO or AirBnB.

Of course, but lets be real here, the average person who is buying this pass, is not staying at Motel 6.

These are pretty much the creme de la creme of ski resorts, and a lot of them require full days of travel to get there. Most folks aren't just cruising through for a night, using their two days, and bouncing. Just like most folks won't spend more time driving than they do skiing for a day trip.

The largest markets for this pass are NYC, LA, SF, and a couple southern cities. Basically the folks who are flying to ski regardless. Its been a boon for the resorts as well. Really a solid product.