• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lowest Carve Record?

dlague

Not sure if he just layed it down and recovered and he did not make a connecting turn as well. o pine please!

drjeff

Why am I suddenly humming that stupid "Limbo low" song that is a staple at far too many wedding receptions!! :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll admit to being somewhat jealous in how much lower boarders can get to the ground while carving than skiers. I had two good friends growing up that were ranked #1 and #2 in New England High School snowboard racing. They were always trying to see how low they could get to the ground. This was back in the early 90s. Much of modern ski carving technique (as well as ski design) owes it's innovation to snowboarding.

Rowsdower

Cheating! All his weight was on his body in contact with the ground and then he pushes himself back up. You can see it pretty clearly in the slow-mo.

Unless the contest didn't involve having to come back up to a riding position and was just about getting under the bar.

skiNEwhere

That is not carving.

+1. I don't think it counts if you push yourself up, regardless of how insignificant a push you get. With that said though, I suppose there is a limit of how much you can carve the board before it's virtually impossible to bring yourself back up due to the near 90 degree angle. I would've at least liked to see a follow up turn though...

dlague

+1. I don't think it counts if you push yourself up, regardless of how insignificant a push you get. With that said though, I suppose there is a limit of how much you can carve the board before it's virtually impossible to bring yourself back up due to the near 90 degree angle. I would've at least liked to see a follow up turn though...

Agreed!

AdironRider

Skiers can hardly stay upright to the point you need two poles. Hard to take the shit talking seriously when you all need training wheels. Zing!

In all seriousness though, the most impressive thing to me is he did it in soft boots. Usually you only see Eurotrash in hard boots laying it over like that.

makimono

it's not even a hard boot alpine board...if you really want to lay it down linked and go armpit to armpit try a Skwal

*turn volume down, muzak sucks*

mbedle

Skiers can hardly stay upright to the point you need two poles. Hard to take the shit talking seriously when you all need training wheels. Zing!

In all seriousness though, the most impressive thing to me is he did it in soft boots. Usually you only see Eurotrash in hard boots laying it over like that.

Alright, that hurts a little bit, considering I ride hard boots and have been for over 20 years. Ouch.... Eurotrash!