• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Route 100 Today......

WoodCore

Made the trip down VT Route 100 today from Jeffersonville to the Mass State Line and was able to get a pretty good read on the status of VT skiing going into the holiday week. Pretty depressing ride overall however some looked better than others. Stowe and Sugarbush looked well covered, same with Stratton. Okemo and Smuggs looked OK. The real carnage was at Killington and Mount Snow, scary stuff! Hard to believe that the ski resort with the worst snow conditions had by far the most folks out on the hill? Guess that's the lure of the beast?

It can only get better from here!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_5080.jpg
    IMG_5080.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 568

slatham

It's hard to make VT look ugly but Mother Nature has done so. Can't wait for the reversal!

cdskier

Stowe and Sugarbush looked well covered, same with Stratton. Okemo and Smuggs looked OK. The real carnage was at Killington and Mount Snow, scary stuff!

Sugarbush could be misleading from what you can see from 100. At Lincoln Peak, Organgrinder and Downspout have very good coverage. Jester had a couple bare spots on Thursday even after snowmaking Tuesday night-Wedesday night. Ripcord itself appeared to have good coverage but it isn't open as Lower Ripcord wasn't skiable as of Thursday. Below Heaven's Gate things get pretty thin pretty quick though. They should be able to make some decent snow this weekend though before the next warm up to rebuild what they lost.

drjeff

Superficially Mount Snow looks MUCH better from rte 100 this morning than it did yesterday thanks to the about 2" of snow that fell overnight - at least the trails now all look white, even if the vast majority of them aren't open :(

KustyTheKlown

wow, that validates my stratton choice big time. stratton skied totally sweet with 5" fresh and i didnt wait on a single lift line. and that ursa terrain skis bigger than anything open at k right now. 1500ish vertical on 3 decently steep options with ungroomed sides.

yeggous

K-Mart probably tried to overextend itself to push more terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Brad J

Boy those pictures make me glad I was at Wildcat yesterday!!!!!

JimG.

Staff member
Glad I went to Belleayre yesterday.

Coverage on Onteora is pretty deep with no bare patches.

K looks awful.

vermonter44

Wildcat was actually ok yesterday, but it was even better today. Although the trails got a little bumped up around noon, which I enjoyed, but others not so much

ScottySkis

I remember taking route 100/from Botlan Valley after an amazing skiing trip with my friends. It was nice curvy road with few poilce to look for us And Mary J. Those were the days.