Bike Log 2016 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2016

It seemed like I was starting over again, but I made it out for my second ride last night. The weather and my schedule haven't been cooperating lately. Yesterday was great weather though, our trails down here are in great shape!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Brian

Our group road rides started this week too but still doing a few MTB rides each week. Actually been enjoying the MTB rides more lately, especially on my new Trek Fuel.

Totals so far for 2016
    MTB 177 miles
    Road 248 miles

10 miles today in the woods. Trails are getting better by the day. I easily could have made 15 but I stopped to help a guy with a flat. Poor bastard; no tools, a hand pump, a BRAND NEW trek ex7, and NO spare tube.

He had no idea how to change a flat either. Felt for the guy. Spent a while helping him out (had a spare tube, co2, levers, etc in my pack) then showing him around.

Mile climb to the top. My lungs forgot how that works
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1460780814.229382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    He had no idea how to change a flat either. Felt for the guy. Spent a while helping him out (had a spare tube, co2, levers, etc in my pack) then showing him around.
    Best thing you could have done for him, he'll know what he needs next time and will make sure he has it!

I got out on the trails behind my house for the first time this year, I was shocked at how dry they were. With these trails opened up, I can be mountain biking 4-5 nights a week again. I leave my door, bike across the street and then I am in the woods heading uphill towards the trails.

10 miles at Smith Preserve today. That place is cool...lost of fun stuff. Definitely worth the drive and I will be back.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1461205247.481011.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1461205260.199265.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1461205271.199964.jpg

Nice bridge work. Looks like fun!
    Brian

Still no riding for me. Just not comfortable with the steering control with the shoulder.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Still no riding for me. Just not comfortable with the steering control with the shoulder.
    Bummer. What's the expected recovery time?

Bummer. What's the expected recovery time?

Bone is healed. Shoulder is frozen. Could be up to year to get full movement back.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Mile climb to the top. My lungs forgot how that works
    Have a nice little 5 mile loop nearby. It's a really perfect loop but it kicks off with 3+ of up!

Screenshot_2016-04-23-17-49-31.jpg

Thread Information