• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Feb 19-21 2016

Savemeasammy

Maybe I'll see ya at the bush (wed) or Stowe (Tues)

Ok. We are playing things by ear. If it snows, we will stay at sugarbush. We will travel elsewhere on clear days. The forecast might dictate that we do Stowe tues and bush on weds though...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Elk, blue or camel back saturday ....trying to decide now.

I'll be at Camelback this weekend. Interesting strategy they've been employing lately. Lower Cleo and Uncle Bills they've been leaving for bumps so far but they have also have been refreshing and letting one of the front 4 trails bump up. A few weeks ago it was Marjie's and last weekend it was Rocket. According to the snow report they blew on Rocket and Asp last night so it might be one of those this weekend. Should be a spring preview which I will enjoy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Domeskier

I'll be at Camelback this weekend. Interesting strategy they've been employing lately. Lower Cleo and Uncle Bills they've been leaving for bumps so far but they have also have been refreshing and letting one of the front 4 trails bump up. A few weeks ago it was Marjie's and last weekend it was Rocket. According to the snow report they blew on Rocket and Asp last night so it might be one of those this weekend. Should be a spring preview which I will enjoy.

How are the bumps on Uncle Bill's? I was there two weeks ago and they were barely formed. Ended up lapping Lower Cleo via the Glen chair. Thinking about Blue this weekend, but it looks like they have a bump contest Saturday that will presumably tie up one of the bump runs all day.

KustyTheKlown

checking out loon for the first time

I don't have high hopes, but it's max pass, and it's closer than Maine and it's not Stratton. Saving K days for superstar t shirt laps.

tnt1234

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Interesting - might change my mind then. Elk groomed Tunk, so not gonna drive further for flat. Blue has a bump competition, that I thought I might do with my daughter, but when i called, I couldn't get much info out of them. Might be a lot of standing around...plus, the crowds and blue can be awful.

What trail is uncle bills?

tnt1234

How are the bumps on Uncle Bill's? I was there two weeks ago and they were barely formed. Ended up lapping Lower Cleo via the Glen chair. Thinking about Blue this weekend, but it looks like they have a bump contest Saturday that will presumably tie up one of the bump runs all day.

Actually, it won't. They are running the contest on the school hill lookers run of vista - kind of above that 'summit' lodge with the nice patio...

I can't imagine that hill being steep enough for a bump run...

Someone also said challenge was bumped up, which would be fun.

Domeskier

Actually, it won't. They are running the contest on the school hill lookers run of vista - kind of above that 'summit' lodge with the nice patio...

I can't imagine that hill being steep enough for a bump run...

Someone also said challenge was bumped up, which would be fun.

Wow - never saw a green bump run before. I guess it's the best location they have for spectators. Last time I was there, only Barney's was bumped up. Challenge and Cliffhanger and 50 degree temps should make for some sweet spring bump bashing this weekend.

hammer

I don't have high hopes, but it's max pass, and it's closer than Maine and it's not Stratton. Saving K days for superstar t shirt laps.
Loon on a holiday weekend...you might want to manage expectations.

That said, the trails were in nice shape before the recent NCP event. Loon does a great job with snowmaking.

yeggous

Loon on a holiday weekend...you might want to manage expectations.

That said, the trails were in nice shape before the recent NCP event. Loon does a great job with snowmaking.

Yes, lift lines at Loon are southern Vermont long. Be patient.

gmcunni

any intel on Windham conditions (other than what thetrail reports say)? doing day trip on Sunday with daughter so looking for blue cruisers within 2 hours of S CT

4aprice

In a way you are right, the bumps were having a little bit of a hard time but they seem to have left it alone and were dusting it up last night with fresh man made. Last weekend the top whale had become icy so many stayed away. The really fun trail last Saturday was Rocket which they put fresh snow on and opened it up. Those bumps are gone but they seem to like to do that at the start of the weekend on one of the front 4. Did that to Marjies a couple of weeks ago and like I said Rocket last week. Blew on Asp and Rocket last night so maybe Asp get the love this weekend. I would imagine Blue and Elk would be good as well. Actually Dome you picked it the other day when you pointed out that the skiing in the Pocono's probably as good as anywhere on the east coast right now. Snowmaking power (they couldn't survive without it) for the win.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Domeskier

Actually Dome you picked it the other day when you pointed out that the skiing in the Pocono's probably as good as anywhere on the east coast right now. Snowmaking power (they couldn't survive without it) for the win.

Yep - I've had some great days this winter skiing Pocono bumps. Does Camelback seed the bumps on Cleo? Or does it bump up nicely because it gets more traffic than the steeper stuff?

chuckstah

Best place to park is South Peak. If your there at open you can get a ski back to car spot. Avoid the gondy at all costs. If you have to check it out do so before 9. South Peak and the East Basin double usually have the shortest lines, and E. Basin serves the same terrain as the gondola minus most of the runout. Half the terrain has been refreshed this week, but a dust and run on most according to friends who skied yesterday. That being said I don't personally go there on weekends. Not a lot of challenge when the woods and natural mogul trails are closed. Midweek with all trails plus sidecountry open, fun mountain.

Kleetus

Staying local yet again this weekend. Warm temps should make for some good soft turns at Bristol tomorrow. Labrador on Sunday for a few hours since I can get a cheap ticket.

Hoping to head back to VT next weekend depending on what this storm does to use up my remaining Ski VT tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone