• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 2-26 to 2-28

tekweezle

Conditions Friday and Saturday- cold and windy, ice and packed powder, loose granular, snow making. Sunday-spring conditions.

Drove up Thursday night, 4 inches of snow and visibility and road conditions were affected. Hoping to see some of that snow stick on Friday but.... Our wacky season continues. Any snow that fell probably blew into the woods. On the positive side, they were making snow on the main trails(black bear and Janeway Junction). Friday and Saturday were similar conditions, loose granular over ice, good conditions on the previously mentioned snow making trails. Temperatures were a bit cold with wind chill. Crowds were light Friday, typically heavy Saturday.

Sunday, warmed up to above 45 so we got spring conditions, mashed potatoes and cream cheese on the bottom near the base. Not too bad if you are in spring conditions shape. This being my first 3 days of the season made it a workout but at least I traveled 58 miles. Crowds lightened up after 2pm as the commuter crowd left.

Sad to say but without any new snow, the season might not last too long. Bare and brown spots starting to show up on the runouts to the lifts.

Glenn

My wife and I were there yesterday. Top to mid mountain skied pretty well considering. Run of the day was Polar Bear, nice coverage, edgeable and fast.

Agree with the spring conditions, it did get heavy in spots. On a positive note, they made snow later in February. Most places moth ball the equipment after President's Day.

Given the cool down coming later this week, I suppose there's a chance for a little more resurfacing.

tekweezle

According to the weather forecast, it's going to get frigid later this week up there. Hopefully they will run the snow making equipment.

Sundays afternoon after racing training is over, it's always fun to take laps on North American/Frank's Fall line after they drop the ropes.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Glenn

Agreed. Frank's was a good run Sunday afternoon. Pretty empty as well.