• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend March 4-6 2016

bdfreetuna

Continuance Without a Finding

Often referred to as "CWOF", continuance without a finding is when a defendant essentially pleads "no contest" to a DUI or DWI but instead of being convicted is formally placed on probation. Once the defendant satisfies the conditions of probation, the court dismisses their case without a conviction. Americans who have had a DUI dismissed in this manner may be permitted to travel to Canada again without requiring special entrance permission.

Since mine was CWOF - dismissed ... looks like I should be good. I'll bring a copy of my CORI to prove it if necessary.

MEtoVTSkier

FUUUUUUUUUU.... I have a DUI from 4 years ago. CWOF but it looks like it doesn't matter.

Hotel won't refund me, has to be 7 days out.

I'll have my wife drive across the border and take my chances I guess. If I get turned around it's a loss of $360 for 2 nights at the hotel, and we'll be doing 2 days of Jay and having to get another hotel I guess :/

What are my chances, are they really going to do a background check on me in the passenger seat with a good passport and clean car with skis in it?

Hahaha! You get "detained" for a while. Enough to ruin your ski day. They'll want ID from everyone in the vehicle, and if there is anything on your record, they will find it.

You can apply for a waiver, after so much time passes after your conviction, but I believe it is a 10 year minimum lasped time with a clean record. And... there is NO guarantee that you will receive the waiver. Times have changed on border crossing.

My buddy makes a good living taking tractor trailers over the border and getting them loaded for drivers who get to the Canadian border, and find out the hard way that they aren't welcome there.

bdfreetuna

Don't think so based on what I've read it's only a problem if you've been convicted. CWOF / case dismissed = no conviction.

If anything I might have to show my CORI. Will let y'all know how it goes.

Quietman

Thanks. I never pay attention to such matters. Pretty set on going there either way unless I see compelling reason to head up North. Wildcat claims 5", but the way things are going this year they'll net 2" after the rain

Wildcat sounds like it is skiing nicely after 8" of new snow. Tonight the crotch was a little rough, and with the route with the best coverage, Satellite Summit-Meteor closed for the race, it leaves Pluto's(quite icy tonight), Retro(down to a 5' path in one spot, and Moon walk down from the top. I love the place, but if I had the chance to get up to Wildcat on Sat or Sun I probably would. Crotched has not made any snow since the r#@n, and it doesn't look like they plan to. Can't really blame them at this point. At least the Rocket was running tonight.

xlr8r

Probably going to head to Loon on Sunday considering I have to be up at 5am anyway to drop my dad off at the airport so if I am going to up that early I might as well go skiing. Saturday I have work obligations otherwise I might have headed to Sunday River or Killington for the weekend. I expect Loon to be disappointing in comparison to my 5 days at Steamboat last week

gmcunni

Probably going to head to Loon on Sunday considering I have to be up at 5am anyway to drop my dad off at the airport so if I am going to up that early I might as well go skiing.

spring ahead this weekend, tough getting up extra early!!

dlague

This is 100% scientifically false.

I lived on the Canadian border and I have had my car searched and dogs lit my car like a Christmas tree. I had nothing but stuff that might have been dropped on the floor. The took my car apart and walked away. Funny thing my father worked at the opposite border.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Greek Peak Saturday, Hunter Sunday, will keep eyes peeled for the infamous blue boy.

bdfreetuna

Made it across the border no problem. They just asked why we were going, where we were staying, took and apparently scanned our passports, but brought them back quickly and said have a good time.

drjeff

10:15PM - Probably about 150 or so fan gun lights lit up, and the sweet humming sound they make in the air because there's barely any wind across route 100 on Mount Snow, add in a few flurries falling, and it's tough to believe it's the 1st weekend in March for many reasons!! Tomorrow is shaping up to be good here!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was regretting not going there today. It was awesome on Thursday. Crotched today was the worst surface I've ever skied there.

yeggous

I was regretting not going there today. It was awesome on Thursday. Crotched today was the worst surface I've ever skied there.

If it makes you feel better, I had a shitty day. Shit tune from Bob and Terry's, and I brought out my rock skis for the ungroomed. If I can't fix them this week they're about to be shot skis.

It did not help that I showed up still drunk from last night. Snow was excellent, but I did not bring my A game.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app