Noaa says la nina is off the table - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Bring on the heat now! I love it, the hotter the better!

Get it over with so we have a normal winter.
    What's a normal winter and when is the last year we had one?

Would not mind a break in the humidity...running has been tougher this summer (getting older doesn't help either).

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post

Would not mind a break in the humidity...running has been tougher this summer (getting older doesn't help either).
    When is the last 'normal' winter? 2013-2014?

It is just crazy to think that in less than 2 weeks time the past few years, multiple places did a live test of their snowmaking systems, even if only for a short bit.

Went to driving range and felt like I was in a sauna. Just dripping after a few minutes. Doesn't bode well for my anticipated 18 holes tomorrow, BUT I was in Litchfield Hills this past weekend and definitely saw some early color on the trees. Mid to late next week looks like a pattern change in CT to more fall like weather. Fingers crossed as I'm already scoping out lift tix deals for this season.

Optimism reigns this time of year!

Well for the sake of all North American skiing, let's just hope all these are wrong. Positive is they're all different. Negative is they're all scorching hot. Thankfully still early.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumski View Post
    Well for the sake of all North American skiing, let's just hope all these are wrong. Positive is they're all different. Negative is they're all scorching hot. Thankfully still early.

Source? I'd like to take a closer look at those... Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post

I have to define a normal winter? Temps around freezing or below most of the time with occasional snow?

We're complaining about heat but it is still summer. Next someone will claim they heard that winter is cancelled this year.

Rampant Chicken Littleism! Positive vibes people!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I have to define a normal winter? Temps around freezing or below most of the time with occasional snow?

We're complaining about heat but it is still summer. Next someone will claim they heard that winter is cancelled this year.

Rampant Chicken Littleism! Positive vibes people!!
    In the mountains the daily high has a to be in the 20s or lower mid winter i would think

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Don't know what will happen this winter,but as for today.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    Source? I'd like to take a closer look at those... Thanks in advance.
    Sorry... it's a subscription service. A good friend of mine is a PhD working for NWS and posted this on twitter, I asked him about it and he said not much he can do.

Relief is on the way , some cold front Ottowa to Houston image.jpg

Thread Information