• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Goals & New Year Resolutions 2016/217

crank

Might end up in Utah pre Christmas and stay until new years. Have Big Sky booked and half paid for with ski club in Feb. Hoping to hit Jackson Hole with a storm chasing friend probably late january. PLanning to do more ski touring and am going to get my girlfriend into it as well. We are hoping to ski the Haute Route in April, but it may have to wait another season due to her work schedule.

Last year I skied 21 days - all out west and half were powder days so to me that was a good year! It is more about quality than quantity in my book. That 10 pounds everybody is losing - I lost that last year. Am in good shape for the season as we have been doing a lot of biking, both road and mountain, along with hiking and some gym.

I missed skiing the east last season so hoping to hit my favorite "local" hills this season: Jay, Stowe, Sugarbush, Smuggs, MRG, and maybe snag a powder day at Magic!

One goal is to ski Gulf of Slides this winter. May do a camp with AMC or Chauvin Guides.

Brad J

1) do not get to excited expecting a huge year
2) ski woods
3) have a powder day
4) two trips out west
5) at least 30 days
6 ) Have Fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KustyTheKlown

ski 40 days at a minimum with a goal for 50 days

get that 50 by night skiing on weekdays at mountain creek, now that they are on the max pass

get the girlfriend to ski 10+ days, and get her confident on groomed eastern black terrain

get on an airplane every month from december-april to ski (december - washington or colorado, january - utah, february - colorado, march - montana, april - colorado)

ski in may

ski in june

ski at least one day at mad river, magic, jay peak, sugarbush, cannon, smuggs, and stowe. otherwise, mostly max pass. but snowbird.

shwilly

30 days
No one in the family gets hurt
Gain no more than 5 lbs. from apres beers
Learn to ski
Have fun!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

SkiFanE

I can't control the weather - so goals seems useless. Just ski my ass off, as usual, and avoid injury. After last winter jonesing for bumps and trees all year, but can't allow myself to get too hopeful. Last winter my season ended with a thud - had never chosen to stay in flatlands in April rather than ski soft bumps until last spring...but got a bathroom remodeled lol.

Heres to a snowy and safe ski season for everyone everywhere :beer:

snoseek

I'm keeping my expectations in check as my ski time will be cut drastically. I have no real goals as far as skiing other than to have lots of fun and stay in decent shape and injury free. I'll mostly be day tripping Cannon and maybe some days at magic or maybe smuggs if/when the snow comes. Down the road in a couple years I'll be back west somewhere with lots of time to chase pow....im not yet done with that.

Pez

20 days

Ski out west

Not get injured.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

70 days, starting in October ending in July. October to July is lofty, 70 days is not.
I'm hoping to ski Stowe for the first time in a number of years. I want to make it back to Magic. I hope to knock of some more hills I've never skied.... Granite Gorge, Crotched, Skiway, cranmore, Tenney, Abram.

bdfreetuna

where / how are you going to ski in July?

I am hoping to start in October as well. Doubt I'll even wait for Killington to be top to bottom.

dlague

where / how are you going to ski in July?

I am hoping to start in October as well. Doubt I'll even wait for Killington to be top to bottom.

Timberbline at Mount Hood, Chile, New Zealand, or even hike to terrain in CO? Possibly even Mammoth.

chuckstah

Tux is often skiable in July. Not this year, but I made July turns the previous 2 seasons and 4 times overall.

WJenness

1) Beat last year's 8 days. (My absolute low water mark, I hope never to go under it.)
2) Ski at least 2 new areas.
3) At least one overnight trip somewhere, anywhere!

Stretch goal:
4) Fall into a very large pile of money and take an amazing trip out West somewhere.

JDMRoma

I unfortunately lack your eyes to get me out of trouble lol

They don't get me out of trouble at home. Funny it took me a few times reading that to get it !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

a more specific goal -- it's been too long since I've been to Smuggler's Notch (since high school). Plan on a weekend there when the snow is good so I can get properly reacquainted with this mountain.

Dickc

To start this season on easier trails until I'm sure my back is indeed doing fine. I had a double laminectomy this summer. Spent 6 1/2 hours on the table. I AM walking better so far!