Mavis is horrible Shop

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

Mavis is horrible Shop

So basically I had tire's replace d their about a month in half ago. About a week ago I noticed the car bouncing up and down. When I brought to my mechanic he basically says i luck I didn't kill anyone. Mavis didn't tork the tires. It was practically coming off.
    I went their Tuesday and today. They they replace wheel today. They ordered the wrong wheel and I get to waste another day on Saturday. They will not pay my mechanic bill because he certificate d mechanic.
    Letter from my mechanic:

Job 1 wheel stud
    Total $100
    Vehicle came in with 1 lug nut holding right rear wheel to vehicle. Remove and replace 5 wheel studs. And lug nuts on right rare hub. Installed spare tire as vehicle as damage to original am wheel was to excessive to reinstall. All lug holes oblonged. Right rear wheel bearing also suffered damage as a result of loose wheel. Will need right rear hub / bearing replacement. Along with new wheel. Note: Torked all 90 Ft. Lbs.
    Last edited by ScottySkis; Dec 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM.

each Mavis is different, i love mine

Scotty, I think it's standard operating procedure that shops want you to come back after driving 10-20 miles or so so that they can retourque the wheels to prevent this.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Scotty, I think it's standard operating procedure that shops want you to come back after driving 10-20 miles or so so that they can retourque the wheels to prevent this.

+1...Town Fair Tire requests this every time. Not sure I've always done it though.

Guessing it would never hurt to double check the lug nuts as soon as one gets the car home. You would know at least if they are hand tight.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    +1...Town Fair Tire requests this every time. Not sure I've always done it though.
    Weird. I've purchased tires there in NH at least 3x and they've never asked me to do this. Makes sense.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Weird. I've purchased tires there in NH at least 3x and they've never asked me to do this. Makes sense.
    Actually now that I went through going it is on the Bill at the bottom.. they never mention it. More annoying that i lost if 3 day s of skiing because of this. They ordered the wrong wheel. So I still have Dunkin doughnut on the car. It was all supposed be fixed today. They fixed the bearing today. Wheel should be Saturday. Thanks to from
    Jim so I can tommorow at Hunter. But would have rather gone to Mountain snow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mavis just bought out our sts who we had good luck with. Havent tried these mavis guys yet

IMG_6041.jpg
    Last week on a company van , yep nuts on backwards. New tires and a new kid in a hurry LOL. Fortunately the wheel cover came off so we caught it the same day.
    The shop should make good for your trouble , if there a chain maybe you can contact a regional person?

This reminds me I was supposed to go back to Costco to have them re-torque the bolts about 3 months ago.

I bought new tires from them 2 months ago or so. They claim on their website they will beat any bodies prices. So I took a price from Walmart to the mavis right by my work, so I could walk to work. He was trying every single way possible to get out of matching the price. Even claimed he had never hear of walmart selling tires. I walked out of there. Decided even if I did get for the right price I didn't want that guy touching my truck.
    I called corporate and filed a complaint about the store and manager.
    I ended getting the tires for the correct price at another mavis. They did the work fine, but told me.it would be 1.5 hrs, and I sat there for hrs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Thread Information