• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Epicski dead all content to disappear

ForcedHotWater

Multiple comments, page after page, of what a poor job I'm doing trolling y'all. Oh the ironing!

Serious question, if I was doing a better job trolling, what would that look like?

abc

or eventually folks will get bored with toying with such a failure of a troll, the ban happens and we move on.
By the time folks got bored with him, there wouldn't be a need to ban him.

Either ban him now or allow him as an entertainment. I for one see the entertainment value being very low. So I vote for banning him NOW.

On the other hand, the thread had run dry even before the troll came on the scene. And it's summer time, so what else to do but to put up with FREE entertainment?

bdfreetuna

I'm just confused why you care. If its boring, who cares? This site impacts your daily life in exactly 0 different ways. Right on about those threads though, they are nearly annual occurrences and I tend to find them entertaining, much like I find this thread.

This guy comes on here talking about big wall skiing, whatever the hell that is, how moguls suck, lift served sucks, it's "McSkiing" and we should "stop".

And criticizes us for having redundant topics and ongoing conversations about the same skiing topics?

I feel sorry for him, he sounds jaded. Imagine how sad to have lost all love for the sport.

It must be frustrating to come across a community for whom SKIING IS LIFE and folks who are happy to discuss northeast skiing ad nauseum.

Folks who still get a thrill without hitting the crack pipe.

ForcedHotWater

This guy comes on here talking about big wall skiing, whatever the hell that is, how moguls suck, lift served sucks, it's "McSkiing" and we should "stop".

And criticizes us for having redundant topics and ongoing conversations about the same skiing topics?

I feel sorry for him, he sounds jaded. Imagine how sad to have lost all love for the sport.

It must be frustrating to come across a community for whom SKIING IS LIFE and folks who are happy to discuss northeast skiing ad nauseum.

Folks who still get a thrill without hitting the crack pipe.

Assuming a four buckle boot, in what order do you buckle the buckles? And when do you tighten the power strap, before you begin the actual buckling process or after? Or do you tighten it before and then give it a nice tug post-buckling?

abc

9:45 first post of the day. It IS when mommy gone to work! I thought it was a joke but it looks like dead on!

mbedle

Multiple comments, page after page, of what a poor job I'm doing trolling y'all. Oh the ironing!

Serious question, if I was doing a better job trolling, what would that look like?

If you were actually trolling us, nobody on this forum would be calling you out as a troll.

Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:
*Your victim identifying you as a troll.
*Identifying yourself as a troll.
*Your efforts being ignored.
*Being counter-trolled (See below)

VTKilarney

How do we know that this is not Warren Miller? I'd hate to ban him if it is.

Domeskier

How do we know that this is not Warren Miller? I'd hate to ban him if it is.

I'm sure he has Warren Miller "big wall skier" posters plastered all over the small walls of his mom's basement, at the very least. I'm hoping he posts pics, as my cubicle is looking a little drab and I could use some ideas on how to bro it up!

sull1102

What...the...hell? This guy is a nut. How bored one must be to come in here just to fight. Although, I should note everyone, if he lives in Troy, NY as his IP suggests then his(or her who knows) life is really in the shitter cause that town is a DUMP, think Lynn, Revere, or Everett but with much less hope. Mods really need to ban this guy before he starts talking about Magic or another lightning rod on here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

Sustainability in trolling is the key to longevity.

Ideally, one can exist at the threshold between acceptance and perma-ban indefinitely.

ForcedHotWater overplayed this hand; options remaining are public repentance (with the goal of avoiding ban and playing the troll game for the long run), or Tor Browser and an ever-expanding rotation of usernames.

Domeskier

Although, I should note everyone, if he lives in Troy, NY as his IP suggests then his(or her who knows) life is really in the shitter cause that town is a DUMP, think Lynn, Revere, or Everett but with much less hope.

I don't now Troy from Thessalonika, but I can assure you that he spurns the "gentrified banality" of your clean, prosperous and well-run communities. Besides, anyhow, when his big wall skiing career takes off, he's going be rolling in the dough and his mom will be living with him!

Jcb890

I'm a snowboarder and no big fan of moguls... but let's not sit here and lie that it isn't a good skill to have, tough to do and good training for other types of skiing/riding.