• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/16 - 3/17 Storm Discussion Thread

castlerock

At Da Bush

Not over the knees, but a good 16"

The mountain is only reporting 10" however

Last edited:

dmc

I just had to help the plow guy get unstuck... crazy

tcharron

Window scared me for a second. 12+ inches in crotched area. Initially looked like it was raining, but went outside just now, and it's still snowing, just a very fine snow/little sleet.

nelsapbm

Glad to see ya got the goods over in the mountains. We only have 5 or so inches at my house.
Good news is my flights are still a go as this thing is all but over. WOOHOO!

EDIT - Scratch that total. Just went outside...more like a foot.

Last edited:

ozzy

Killington reported 18" and they were honest about that number. Skied pico from 7:55 (third chair) - 11:00. it was pretty freakin sweet! Also had that glazed doughnut look going on with the sleet/ rain freezing on contact.

Man i tell ya there was no one there this morning. the place was absolutly deserted. summitchallenger were you one of the few? i hope so i know you like the little mountain.

ajl50

Philly suburbs had the most amazing storm i have ever seen.
My driveway has 4-5.5 inches of pure sleet on it. It sleeted the entire day yesterday. Amazing.
It was all frozen solid for two inches above the driveway and then it was pure sugar on top of that...that was yesterday....today it is all one giant frozen sheet.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Philly suburbs had the most amazing storm i have ever seen.
My driveway has 4-5.5 inches of pure sleet on it. It sleeted the entire day yesterday. Amazing.
It was all frozen solid for two inches above the driveway and then it was pure sugar on top of that...that was yesterday....today it is all one giant frozen sheet.

Sounds, er...lovely.

thetrailboss

Staff member
All pow here at Burke. Sick conditions...freezing fog sucks, but other than that, great 15 or so inches of snow. Gotta take a nap now so I can get first chair tomorrow AM!!!

AdironRider

Well today was about as bad as a pow day can get. I wouldnt even call it pow, more like wet cement. There sure was a bunch of it though, at least a foot at Cannon. But with freezing fog and little visibility it was a pretty rough ski day. Should make awesome base to get us into spring though.

loafer89

It is an ice storm wonderland here in Coventry with about 6" of snow on the ground that has been covered with a 3/4" thick covering of ice from extensive feezing rain last night. It never got above freezing since friday and my driveway has nearly an inch of solid ice on it after being plowed yesterday evening.

thebigo

kmart got between 15 - 20 depending on location, the place was a ghost town today, no lines anywhere, even bear lodge was empty at noon, i spent the day in the trees, the only time i saw anybody was on the lift a few vacant chairs away

somewhere/nowhere were rotd, roundabout was great, snowdon trees were great but with no lines i cut back to skye trees quick, pork chop and toilet bowl were also good but didnt hold up as the day went along; ss woods along with bits and pieces were also decent but tracked more heavily

i couldnt get enough of somewhere

edit: only downside was that i could not keep the goggles clean

loafer89

A pretty scene this morning from my front yard:

Freezingrain.jpg

Greg

Staff member
We drove out to Eastern Mass yesterday for a birthday party. It was interesting to see the areas that saw freezing rain and those that didn't. It seemed like it was a pretty narrow area. We saw only sleet and no freezing rain at home.

loafer89

According to my wife we had about 6" of snow through friday night until 8pm when it turned to sleet. Sometime early saturday morning we had freezing rain which lasted a good part of the day.

Driving home yesterday I only noticed freezing rain from Vernon to my house.

How much snow is in Western Connecticut? Did you get any rain at all?

Greg

Staff member
How much snow is in Western Connecticut? Did you get any rain at all?

I wasn't home when it chenged to sleet, but my wife guesstimated at least 8-10" before several inches of sleet. No rain at all.

AMAC2233

Loon is reporting 11 inches, but I think it was really about 8 inches with an inch of freezing rain on top.
Yesterday:
PIC_0193.jpg