• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/16 - 3/17 Storm Discussion Thread

kingslug

Hell of a turn around for VT. Snow, lows down to 3 deg. I guess winter isn't done with them yet. And just in time for me to finaly get up there.

Bumpsis

This coming cold front will be a major challenge to groomers. Judging by conditions this past weekend, "firm" is a polite understatement.
I think we'll be looking at major ice and death cookies. I just got a pair of new boots and I'm really itching to try them but I think I'll skip this weekend in favor of some other fun.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hope it gets here soon....63 F in Rutland and 58 F in Montpelier. Our "two month" ski season has come to an end :angry: For now at least.

hammer

This coming cold front will be a major challenge to groomers. Judging by conditions this past weekend, "firm" is a polite understatement.
I think we'll be looking at major ice and death cookies. I just got a pair of new boots and I'm really itching to try them but I think I'll skip this weekend in favor of some other fun.
Tell me about it...I wonder if I should rent ice skates for when I go to Pats Peak this weekend.:wink:

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Oh no. The sky is falling crowd is back. This is par for the course in March, folks. It's a variable month.

hammer

Oh no. The sky is falling crowd is back. This is par for the course in March, folks. It's a variable month.
Some of us just like to complain...:razz:

Actually, weather in New England can be variable during any month, and even with the NCP I'll have better conditions than I had in January. Just double-check my edges and I'll be all set.:smile:

Greg

Staff member
Actually, weather in New England can be variable during any month, and even with the NCP I'll have better conditions than I had in January. Just double-check my edges and I'll be all set.:smile:

I like this attitude better. :beer:

tcharron

Tell me about it...I wonder if I should rent ice skates for when I go to Pats Peak this weekend.:wink:

Pat's as Crunchy as Crotched? Was hoping to hit it on Friday, but given current forecasts, prolly ain't gonna happen Maybe Sunday..

nelsapbm

It's been absolutely pooring off and on all day here in Burlington. Hope Montpelier is hangin' in there.
Did I hear storm speculation?? Please tell me not Saturday. Flying to Tucson via JFK. Can't wait for some sun and warm weather! Don't worry, I'll go check out Mt.Lemmon ;)

hammer

It's been absolutely pooring off and on all day here in Burlington. Hope Montpelier is hangin' in there.
Did I hear storm speculation?? Please tell me not Saturday. Flying to Tucson via JFK. Can't wait for some sun and warm weather! Don't worry, I'll go check out Mt.Lemmon ;)
Doubt there's any skiing on Mt. Lemmon, but go up in any case for the views...:smile:

hammer

Pat's as Crunchy as Crotched? Was hoping to hit it on Friday, but given current forecasts, prolly ain't gonna happen Maybe Sunday..
Unless some other family issue comes up, I'm definitely going Sunday...have passes to burn.

The only other family trip was back in January, before winter really arrived and the cover was very thin...still had a good time. Can't imagine it will be all that bad.

tcharron

It's the 'Heavy Rain Thursday, Hi 46 degrees' that's got me worried. I haven't seen any sort of projected snowfall amounts for Friday/Sat, have any been projected as of yet?