• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

reefer

From the Sunday River snow report:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Notice something with the forecasts for this upcoming storm? They all say Maine gets the most. Sorry NH and VT. It happens. It's nothing to be ashamed of, you just don't have as many inches.

Nice loafer89! Yep, you guys look like the bulls eye. A year to the day almost from last year. But as the owner of a small radio station once told me - "it's not the size that matters, it's the frequency".
I'll take whatever they give me over in the greens tonight and be very thankful. With this wet heavy stuff all you need is 4-6" and you're good to go. We may get some backlash also out of this for the next couple days. Glad I did my spring skiing two weeks ago! This coolish weather following the Snow is the amazing part.....................

Greg

Staff member
I'll take whatever they give me over in the greens tonight and be very thankful. With this wet heavy stuff all you need is 4-6" and you're good to go. We may get some backlash also out of this for the next couple days. Glad I did my spring skiing two weeks ago! This coolish weather following the Snow is the amazing part.....................

Right. Maine will get the big dump from the storm, but hopefully the greens will get the upslope.

nhski

Right. Maine will get the big dump from the storm, but hopefully the greens will get the upslope.

I've learned my lesson thinking that the most snow will NOT will in northern vermont.

nhski

From the Sunday River snow report:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Notice something with the forecasts for this upcoming storm? They all say Maine gets the most. Sorry NH and VT. It happens. It's nothing to be ashamed of, you just don't have as many inches.

Gentleman's bet that Jay ends up with more snow by the time upslope snows stop sometime later this weekend.

danny p

from noaa (for mt. snow):
Tonight: Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 18. Southeast wind between 13 and 16 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible. Thursday: Periods of snow showers, mainly before 8am. High near 31. Breezy, with a west wind between 15 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. i'm already feelin' sick tomorrow. hope they don't shut down the summit for wind holds. anyone else heading up?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Dusting of snow last night in the Upper Valley (30 miles E of Killington)

Some on and off snowshowers this AM.

Heavy sleet at around 9:30am. Now just some fog and drizzle.

snoseek

wildcat looks like they could make out real well. i was on the website and it looked like tickets were 29 till friday. the elevation could make a real differencs in quantity and quality of snow.

castlerock

Yup Upslope wins every time

Gentleman's bet that Jay ends up with more snow by the time upslope snows stop sometime later this weekend.

First, who is the gentleman.

Secondly, Remember St. Patrick's Day weekend. Upslope, upslope, upslope....

Goblin84

snowin in Rutland right now! Mt Snow here I come!! I am goin tomorrow if anyone is interested

nhski

First, who is the gentleman.

Secondly, Remember St. Patrick's Day weekend. Upslope, upslope, upslope....

1. good point
2. upslope tis why i love jay(really SB & points north).

when you heading up?

castlerock

As soon as I can

But that might not be till Friday afternoon. At least the NWS is calling for a shortwave to come through Saturday to enhance the orographics....

nhski

But that might not be till Friday afternoon. At least the NWS is calling for a shortwave to come through Saturday to enhance the orographics....

Contemplating leaving tonight. More than likely, will head up tomorrow night and stay through Sunday.

castlerock

It ain't over till it is ovetr

The fat lady is NOT singing. etc....

PF AMTS BTWN 00-12Z AFT CHGOVR ARE MARGINAL ALG WRN SLOPES BUT IF
COOLING/CHGOVR OCCUR ERLR AS XPCTG THAN WRNG CRITERIA LKLY. MEANWHILE...
ALG/E GRN MTNS WRNG CRITERIA LKLY WITH 4-8/5-10 INCHES AND LCLLY
UP TO A FOOT PSBL ALG HIER TERRAIN ALONG ERN SLOPES.

From the 11:45 discussion update. This is just for tonight....

Greg

Staff member
The fat lady is NOT singing. etc....

PF AMTS BTWN 00-12Z AFT CHGOVR ARE MARGINAL ALG WRN SLOPES BUT IF
COOLING/CHGOVR OCCUR ERLR AS XPCTG THAN WRNG CRITERIA LKLY. MEANWHILE...
ALG/E GRN MTNS WRNG CRITERIA LKLY WITH 4-8/5-10 INCHES AND LCLLY
UP TO A FOOT PSBL ALG HIER TERRAIN ALONG ERN SLOPES.

From the 11:45 discussion update. This is just for tonight....

Nice! MRG is indicating a possible Friday reopening if they get enough snow....