• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

reefer

Figured I start this because I am not a jinx, the snow follows me. I have plans to ski the 5th and 6th at the Bush and MRG, so it will snow hard up there!
Pics are from Wildcat 4/5/06!!!!!!!! 15" hit them overnight and Sunday River got 10-12" so we went over there for the 6th.
I'm in for an anniversary party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Figured I start this because I am not a jinx, the snow follows me. I have plans to ski the 5th and 6th at the Bush and MRG, so it will snow hard up there!
Pics are from Wildcat 4/5/06!!!!!!!! 15" hit them overnight and Sunday River got 10-12" so we went over there for the 6th.
I'm in for an anniversary party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. The 6th WILL be a bluebird powder day. MRG will look like this (4/1/2000):

mrg-april.jpg

Plan accordingly. ;)

2knees

Yes. The 6th WILL be a bluebird powder day. MRG will look like this (4/1/2000):

mrg-april.jpg

Plan accordingly. ;)

i skied that day at killington. never seen so much snow there that late in the season. There had been 2 back to back 18-24" dumps within a week or so. I remember some poor homeowner whose house was pretty much buried on rt 100 had a big sign stuck in the snow that said "Free Snow". amazing spring that year. The big rocks under the skye peak quad were actually buried. I cant remember seeing that in february before, never mind april.

nelsapbm

Well....you can pretty much guarantee a storm then. I was suposed to have my now tires off on Mar 15 but I can down with a bug and couldnt get there. 2 days later? A foot of snow. Now, I'm having my snow tires taken off on the 3rd. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Well....you can pretty much guarantee a storm then. I was suposed to have my now tires off on Mar 15 but I can down with a bug and couldnt get there. 2 days later? A foot of snow. Now, I'm having my snow tires taken off on the 3rd. ;)
Please put your snow blower and shovels away for the summer too... ;)

drjeff

Another good omen, yesterday when I got home from work, my snowblower had a flat tire. Not planning on fixing it anytime soon ;)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Yes, the Spring of 2000 was fabulous. Plus, 2knees, if i'm not mistaken, both of those storms you're referencing came on a fridays...I remember driving up on some back roads with my jeep that hadn't been plowed...to get to my place to ski the pow on sat. morning. I was loving that drive and the skiing that was to come!!

Greg

Staff member
NWS Discussion for Waitsfield, VT:

BY THURSDAY...DEEP NEGATIVELY TILTED MID/UPPER LVL TROF DEVELOPS ACRS
NE CONUS...WHICH IS 1 TO 3 STD BELOW NORMAL. THIS COMBINED WITH
FAVORABLE WRAP AROUND MOISTURE PROGGS AND GOOD UPSLOPE FLW...WL
LEAD TO A PROLONG AND POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT UPSLOPE SNOW EVENT
LATE WEDS INTO THURS ACRS THE HIGHER TRRN ABOVE 1500FT.

:snow:

loafer89

If Accuweather is to be believed:lol: the forecast for Sugarloaf next week looks quite cold and snowy.

Treeskier

In years past when we have 3 or more feet storms they seem to come in 3(s). As my wife pointed out the last two where on holidays. So she perdicted a while back the next one would be on Easter.....

Bring it on!

Doing my snow dance!

68 Days and counting

Zand

I predicted a storm on April 1-th. However, I've noticed another trend. Each big storm has lasted a day longer than the previous one... the Valentines storm was 1 day, the St. Patty's storm was 2 days. Maybe this one will start on Easter and end on the 10th.

Angus

the problem for us weekend skiers is these storms seem to be lining up as Sat/Sun events so many may never have an opportunity to ski corn before the areas all close! except tomorrow? and a few Tuesday ago at Wa-Wa

Goblin84

Ullr the god of the winter hunt. I think he may have one last surprise.

hopefully next week when im doing travel in VT :)

kingslug

I had to stop my powder alerts from out west...cause they kept coming in. Tahoe about 2 feet of cement and LLC picked up a foot. So now we are due!