• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sale

roark

178, 185, or 195 are too short :lol:

I added two pair to my quiver last season and one pair to my wife's, think I'll wait until at least the end of this season. :lol:
Stock has changed. At that time all they had were 168 B4's. Tempted, but I don't really want to sleep on the couch.:roll:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Very nice...

by the way, your avatar is starting to freak me out. feel free to change it at your earliest convenience :wink:

Hey, you're avatar has been freaking me out since you put it up. If you remember, when we met, I was truly suprised you were good people, avatar threw me off.

koreshot

trigger = pulled on 178 B4's.

I've got some 'slpaining to do.

That is exactly what I have been eyeing for tree skiing... that is if I can't get the 179 Seths from someone who picked up on on sierra at TGR.

The price on the B4s is great and I am really temped, but been reading some so-so reviews of the B4s. Described as sluggish and stuff - makes me wonder how good they will be in the trees.

decisions decisios

roark

That is exactly what I have been eyeing for tree skiing... that is if I can't get the 179 Seths from someone who picked up on on sierra at TGR.

The price on the B4s is great and I am really temped, but been reading some so-so reviews of the B4s. Described as sluggish and stuff - makes me wonder how good they will be in the trees.

decisions decisios
Yeah, read some lackluster reviews as well. Also some durability issues I guess. But for that price I'll take the risk.

wa-loaf

That was the RipSticks last year.:lol:

Hey nice! I got a pair last year too. Great skis. I used them for racing and I really liked them for cutting through crud and the 64 waist made for fun in the bumps too.

I think they discontinued them this year. :-(

Puck it

Any other sites with good deals like this? I really would like to find a pair Head Supershape Magnums 170cm at a reasonable price.

wa-loaf

Any other sites with good deals like this? I really would like to find a pair Head Supershape Magnums 170cm at a reasonable price.

I've found good deals here: http://www.ski-depot.com

They seem to get a lot of those "manufacturer warehouse clearance" skis at the end of the summer. I got my RipSticks from them for $399 last year.

jack97

Any other sites with good deals like this?

Ebay!
http://stores.ebay.com/Getboards-online-store

This site has been auctioning Look and Rossi bindings all summer. Kinda of interesting, once a bid goes up to $90-100, other buyers don't bid beyond this. BTW, these are flat mount bindings, however I found other site that sell the same bindings with lifters.

Also, Ski Haus (in Wilmington) has their annual tent sale starting on the 18th of this month.

Last edited:

jack97

I didn't need to see that.... :-? Go some thinking to do.

koreshot

Another 199/299 sale from the ebay seller jack97 referenced, ends Monday midnight (presumably PST)
http://www.getboards.com/coupon_page.html

Looks like you might be getting another pair of skis to keep your B4s some company.

Some great deals on there, I am happy they don't have any skis I really want, otherwise I would be in trouble - explaining how 2 new pairs of skis arrived at the front door in mid August might be tough.

roark

Looks like you might be getting another pair of skis to keep your B4s some company.

Some great deals on there, I am happy they don't have any skis I really want, otherwise I would be in trouble - explaining how 2 new pairs of skis arrived at the front door in mid August might be tough.

Nope. still need some binders though. The Look/Rossis are tempting but the irrational macho side of me wants the higher DIN... and I usually run a 7-8 :roll:

koreshot

Nope. still need some binders though. The Look/Rossis are tempting but the irrational macho side of me wants the higher DIN... and I usually run a 7-8 :roll:

I have two sets of Rossi/Look binders that run up to 14 din and another set that runs up to 12. I'm 6'2" and fat and always run the 14 DIN binders between 10 and 11. They have so much elasticity, they let the boot move around, but still keep you locked in there. I have a feeling that you would be fine on the 12 DIN versions, but I understand completely why you are thinking 14s. They are supposed to be more bomber, plus its always nice to run your binders in the middle range of their operation, rather than at a max. I wouldn't want to run 12 DIN bindings at 12.