• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

JimG.

Staff member
Time to start thinking about betting on a few dogs.

Going undefeated is not a gimme by any means, as much as for the difficulty and attendant stress it causes as anything else. NE would be stupid to sacrifice an almost sure championship to go after an undefeated season going against inferior competition who will nevertheless play way above their heads just to win against the Pats.

IMO...and forget about Shula, he should stick to weight loss commercials.

Mike P.

They should have a mercy rule in effect when they play the Jets in Foxboro unless "Man-genius" is no longer coaching. If you believe they were found out in week one because Eric was familar with the practice, then you figure he cost his old boss & employer a total of $750,000.

Since they should have a bye week in the play-offs I suspect the starters will play at least one drive into the third quarter Vs. the Giants. Giants could be resting people also. As it looks now, the West & South will only have division winners unless Panthers or Saints get hot & even then, best team by record is 5-4 Tampa Bay.

In East & North, both leaders are 7-1 & 2nd place teams are 6-2. The Lion's still have GB twice, The Giants & SD So if the Lion's falter that leaves The Redskins at 5-3. The Giants after this weeks big game & the Lion's have a Redskins game & also MN, the Eagles & Bears. if they beat the Lions & Skins & don't falter against the teams playing badly this year. Sunday's game & teh last game may be meaningless. if they beat Dallas, They & the packers may get bye's.

Week 16 may be a team going for 16-0 Vs. a 12-3 team that needs to get healthly too.

jack97

How ironic would it be, after Shula makes his comments; the pats run the table and Dolphins go winless for season. The Fins may be the only organization that have gone through a season without a loss and without a win.

Also, the officiating for the colts and bolts shows the refs are favoring the colts. The pass int no call on Gates was bad. The colt's defender (with out looking at the ball) cuts into Gates which preventing him from making the catch. The ref official from NFL explained that Hobbs cut into Wayne during last week game was a pass int b/c Hobbs wasn't looking at the ball. Yet when the colts do that, it's a no call. And, the mlb, Brackett sticks his hand up the face of the wideout and doesn't look at the ball, a no call on a hand block..... last season when Hobbs made that hand block at the face (while looking at the ball), he got the flag. Hobbs, gets a letter in the off season saying the call made was incorrect and gets a formal apology for the error. IMO, Polian being influential in the rule and comp committee is getting his calls.

Last edited:

FRITOLAYGUY

Boy i was glad i stuck around for the Colts game they have it on the 6yd line its 4th and a foot 23-21 Chargers on the chargers 6 yd line about 90seconds left and manning and the Colts decide to go up to the line and try to catch them offsides unfortunately they get a false start move back 5yds try to kick the game winner from 29yds which would have been good from 24yds but its wide by a few inches and they lose, oh baby that was sweet.

PA Ridge Racer

Boy i was glad i stuck around for the Colts game they have it on the 6yd line its 4th and a foot 23-21 Chargers on the chargers 6 yd line about 90seconds left and manning and the Colts decide to go up to the line and try to catch them offsides unfortunately they get a false start move back 5yds try to kick the game winner from 29yds which would have been good from 24yds but its wide by a few inches and they lose, oh baby that was sweet.

And even sweeter that the kicker was Adam Vinatieri. Looks like I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV for the Colts to lose. While watching it my wife was like it's not even your team. It was the next best thing. The Patriots now have a little breathing room. I'm hoping Pittsburgh gets the #2 seed and the Colts end up having to play a wildcard. Looks like Freeney got hurt too. Not looking good in Indy right now.

PA Ridge Racer

How ironic would it be, after Shula makes his comments; the pats run the table and Dolphins go winless for season. The Fins may be the only organization that have gone through a season without a loss and without a win.

Also, the officiating for the colts and bolts shows the refs are favoring the colts. The pass int no call on Gates was bad. The colt's defender (with out looking at the ball) cuts into Gates which preventing him from making the catch. The ref official from NFL explained that Hobbs cut into Wayne during last week game was a pass int b/c Hobbs wasn't looking at the ball. Yet when the colts do that, it's a no call. And, the mlb, Brackett sticks his hand up the face of the wideout and doesn't look at the ball, a no call on a hand block..... last season when Hobbs made that hand block at the face (while looking at the ball), he got the flag. Hobbs, gets a letter in the off season saying the call made was incorrect and gets a formal apology for the error. IMO, Polian being influential in the rule and comp committee is getting his calls.

It really does seem that way doesn't it. I still laugh about that PI call on Moss last week. In the official's defense however there was probably a PI call on the Chargers against Morehead on that 3rd down play late in the 4th. The official rightly kept the flag in his pocket because he had to make up for the ridiculous calls (and lack there of) earlier in the game I think.

jack97

It really does seem that way doesn't it. I still laugh about that PI call on Moss last week. In the official's defense however there was probably a PI call on the Chargers against Morehead on that 3rd down play late in the 4th. The official rightly kept the flag in his pocket because he had to make up for the ridiculous calls (and lack there of) earlier in the game I think.

I missed the 4th qtr. The bad calls drove me crazy.....I basically tune out when the refs starts dictating the game.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Vinatieri was great last night. 29 yards... I could've made that.

For some reason, I get very little satisfaction from a Vinitieri chocke job. Out of all the icon Boston athletes that left and joined 'the enemy' in Free Agency, Adam's the only one that I still pull for, except for one he plays us.

Considering that he can no longer reach the end zone on the kick off, he is a liability and I'm content with Goskowski, but Adam was clutch.

I was glad the Colts lost last night, LOVED PEYTON throwing all those interceptions. I would've rather had seen someone else choke other than Adam though.

jack97

For some reason, I get very little satisfaction from a Vinitieri chocke job. Out of all the icon Boston athletes that left and joined 'the enemy' in Free Agency, Adam's the only one that I still pull for, except for one he plays us.

Considering that he can no longer reach the end zone on the kick off, he is a liability and I'm content with Goskowski, but Adam was clutch.

I was glad the Colts lost last night, LOVED PEYTON throwing all those interceptions. I would've rather had seen someone else choke other than Adam though.

Same here, without Viniteri, the dynasty doesn't start, what he did against Oak in the snow bowl washed off all the bad karma the Sullivans left on this franchise.

That said. I also agree he was starting to be a liability, imo he's one of the reasons the colts are bad in kick off coverage.

drjeff

All I know is that with last nights loss by the Colts, the Pats now have essentially a 3 game lead over Indy for Homefield, and hopefully in a few weeks, they'll equal that amount with Pittsburgh. All these potential home playoff games this January are going to have me driving alot more miles between my home in CT, my place at Mount Snow and Gillette Stadium ;)

FRITOLAYGUY

All I know is that with last nights loss by the Colts, the Pats now have essentially a 3 game lead over Indy for Homefield, and hopefully in a few weeks, they'll equal that amount with Pittsburgh. All these potential home playoff games this January are going to have me driving alot more miles between my home in CT, my place at Mount Snow and Gillette Stadium ;)

Hey those are all good reasons to be driving all those miles

jack97

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3110140

Hmm.... the season is getting interesting. I don't wish and get happy about injuries but its part of the game. Given how the colts have built the defensive strategy to compliment their passing game, it does become interesting on how teams will game plan them.

drjeff

Pats played *cough* OK *cough* tonight ;) That Brady to Moss thing just doesn't get old at all watching!

Plus, thank you Jets for giving the Pats a 3 game lead in the race for homefield over the rest of the AFC!

I'm getting psyched to sit in my seat at Gillette for 4 of the next 5 Sundays!

Mildcat

Plus, thank you Jets for giving the Pats a 3 game lead in the race for homefield over the rest of the AFC!

Don't forget if the Jets win more games than San Fran we get a higher draft pick too.

FRITOLAYGUY

The Pats are amazing, does anyone realize we have never seen anything like this even with Montana, Elway, Marino, they are just making things look way to easy its almost hard to comprehend. And who would have thought the 2biggest troblemakers Moss and Owens would be having 4Td type days this year, both are having unreal seasons, good for them..

PA Ridge Racer

Don't forget if the Jets win more games than San Fran we get a higher draft pick too.

When I mention this to non Patriot fans they get visibly angry. Moves like that are the reason the Patriots are and will be successful.

Another fabulous win last night. I seriously was worried about it being a "trap" game and all that but the Patriots continue to defy logic. Next up we got the Eagles, with a banged up Donovan McNabb. The Eagles (and Eagle fans) were questioning the legitimacy of the Super Bowl victory after the whole "spygate" nonsense. I'm sure Bill B and the Patriots are well aware of that and use that as motivation this week.

FRITOLAYGUY

actually i dont recall this many games with 10+ point spreads ever in 1 weeks time. where did the parity go?

New England -21.5 to Philly
Dallas -14 to Jets
Indy -12 to Atlanta
Arizona -10 to SF
Pitt -16 to Mia