• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

Mildcat

Next Thursdays night game should be a good one. Too bad I have to work and don't have the NFL Network.

deadheadskier

Staff member
THe NFL network in 5yrs will be huge! They already have the best postgame if you have seen it.

.....if it's offered as part of a basic cable package. Currently it only is a few locations and I'm quite pissed that I'll have to out to a bar to see the Pats vs Giants.

Zand

.....if it's offered as part of a basic cable package. Currently it only is a few locations and I'm quite pissed that I'll have to out to a bar to see the Pats vs Giants.

Don't know if you get it up in Portland but Boston's channel 5 will broadcast the game.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Don't know if you get it up in Portland but Boston's channel 5 will broadcast the game.

nope, unfortunately not. I think it's BS. They are the 'New England' Patriots, not the 'Boston' Patriots. The reason it is offered on channel 5 in Boston is because it's what is considered to be the local market by the NFL. The whole damn situation stinks!

FRITOLAYGUY

nope, unfortunately not. I think it's BS. They are the 'New England' Patriots, not the 'Boston' Patriots. The reason it is offered on channel 5 in Boston is because it's what is considered to be the local market by the NFL. The whole damn situation stinks!

Oh dont get me started on the local market thing, i had the MLB package, i live 80miles from NYC and 120 from boston yet all i could get was the YES network in HD because i was considered to be in Bostons local market even though im 40miles further away, finally NESN was added to my cable system with about 30games remaining, i know all about going to bars to catch games.

Mildcat

I know that feeling. I got sick of paying high cable bills so I canceled it. Now I only get a hand full of Sox games a year. Luckily I can still watch all of the Pats games but I wouldn't be surprised to see that change when the NFL Network gets bigger.

Mildcat

I like these Pats night games. It lets me go skiing without missing the game. :daffy:

FRITOLAYGUY

Well i said in an earlier post their will be game where its cold not ideal conditions and the Pats are just not up for it, that was tonite, the opponent doesnt have thier star QB, your favored by 25 on a chilly night, somehow the Pats got thru this thanks to Mr Samuel, i honestly though when he ran back that INT for a TD 90 seconds into the game it was gonna be a blowout, give credit to AJ and Philly's defense they played hard and sure werent intimidated by the Pats at all. This was that game they should have lost but they didnt, the next 5 shall be interesting.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Vegas loves the Patriots again!!

It's the NFL and any given Sunday will always be the norm. As incredible as this team has been, NO ONE deserves to be favorites by 23.5 points. Not even the 07 Patriots who are winning by ridiculous margins.

Philly was outstanding. They completely took Moss out of the game. I thought Madden was right on all game in saying that the Patriots are vunerable up the middle on pass plays.

It's 11:56 pm, I'm up and I'm still wired from the game. Love it. I fully expected to be asleep watching the 2nd half in bed during a Pat's blow out. Certainly not the case today.

Tell you the truth, I'm glad it was a tight game (but not a loss). The Pats need to get tested, to show weakness that the coaches can nail them on so they improve for the next week. The middle of the field was wide open for Philly tonight. Rodney and Teddy were non-existent and should be grilled by the coaching staff. On offense, as great of job as Tito did guarding Moss, Randy ran crap routes all night. The D-Line SUCKED as well. Very little pressure on Feeley. I don't recall seeing Seymore, Wilfork or Warren making a play all night. Adalus Thomas was invisible for yet another game to. Come to think of it, was he even active? Jogging my memory, if he was on the field, I missed him as he didn't do squat. Samuel, Sanders, Seau and Gay seemed to be the only guys on that side of the ball making plays.

Moral of the story? The Pats are 11 and 0, BUT it's time for some humble pie. This team isn't as good as they, the media or any fan thinks it is. They were talked about all week as being the best team ever. Now, they're just another team, capable of being beat by any other team in the league. Hope they learn from it.

FRITOLAYGUY

Vegas loves the Patriots again!!

It's the NFL and any given Sunday will always be the norm. As incredible as this team has been, NO ONE deserves to be favorites by 23.5 points. Not even the 07 Patriots who are winning by ridiculous margins.

Philly was outstanding. They completely took Moss out of the game. I thought Madden was right on all game in saying that the Patriots are vunerable up the middle on pass plays.

It's 11:56 pm, I'm up and I'm still wired from the game. Love it. I fully expected to be asleep watching the 2nd half in bed during a Pat's blow out. Certainly not the case today.

Tell you the truth, I'm glad it was a tight game (but not a loss). The Pats need to get tested, to show weakness that the coaches can nail them on so they improve for the next week. The middle of the field was wide open for Philly tonight. Rodney and Teddy were non-existent and should be grilled by the coaching staff. On offense, as great of job as Tito did guarding Moss, Randy ran crap routes all night. The D-Line SUCKED as well. Very little pressure on Feeley. I don't recall seeing Seymore, Wilfork or Warren making a play all night. Adalus Thomas was invisible for yet another game to. Come to think of it, was he even active? Jogging my memory, if he was on the field, I missed him as he didn't do squat. Samuel, Sanders, Seau and Gay seemed to be the only guys on that side of the ball making plays.

Moral of the story? The Pats are 11 and 0, BUT it's time for some humble pie. This team isn't as good as they, the media or any fan thinks it is. They were talked about all week as being the best team ever. Now, they're just another team, capable of being beat by any other team in the league. Hope they learn from it.

All true but they really werent ever really tested were they? Down by 4 with 8minutes to go at home? Seeing someone come out and take a 24-10 lead or something like that would test them more than that, i fully expected to score a TD and take the lead it was just a matter of the Defense holding up and making a play for once. It looks easy on paper but Baltimore has a real good defense and after today giving up 32 to SD i think they will be up for the Pats offensive challenge next week.

PA Ridge Racer

This is why I hate the undefeated talk and the greatest team ever talk. Teams are going to play like they're in the Superbowl every week against the Patriots. Thats what the Eagles did tonight props to them they should be proud. The spread was ridiculous and I don't thnk there should be another like that unless they're playing a JV squad. I'm glad the Pats won but I was actually angry after the game. (My wife thought they lost when I came upstairs.) First and foremost. (here I go blaming the officials) but that PI call on Moss' TD catch almost lost the game for us. It was a bad call - period. If not for that the Pats probably would have won by 10. I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from the Eagles because they played great but that call bothered me. I'm also annoyed at the fact that the Eagles were passing over the middle all night long and nothing was done about it. It was like the Patriots were just giving it to them. Seriously, If the Eagles backup QB can pick apart the middle of the field like that then what will Peyton Manning do next time they play us. They need to fix that and fast. Like Deadheadskier said, the D line was abysmal Feely had all day to throw. And what was with all the false starts? I was preparing for the barrage finger pointing and ridicule by family and friends who are all Eagle fans. I guess every great team plays poorly once in a while. Remember that Bills game to open the 2003 season? And remember the colts got their doors blown off by the Jags last year? I'm treating this game like that even though it was a win.

FRITOLAYGUY

This is why I hate the undefeated talk and the greatest team ever talk. Teams are going to play like they're in the Superbowl every week against the Patriots. Thats what the Eagles did tonight props to them they should be proud. The spread was ridiculous and I don't thnk there should be another like that unless they're playing a JV squad. I'm glad the Pats won but I was actually angry after the game. (My wife thought they lost when I came upstairs.) First and foremost. (here I go blaming the officials) but that PI call on Moss' TD catch almost lost the game for us. It was a bad call - period. If not for that the Pats probably would have won by 10. I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from the Eagles because they played great but that call bothered me. I'm also annoyed at the fact that the Eagles were passing over the middle all night long and nothing was done about it. It was like the Patriots were just giving it to them. Seriously, If the Eagles backup QB can pick apart the middle of the field like that then what will Peyton Manning do next time they play us. They need to fix that and fast. Like Deadheadskier said, the D line was abysmal Feely had all day to throw. And what was with all the false starts? I was preparing for the barrage finger pointing and ridicule by family and friends who are all Eagle fans. I guess every great team plays poorly once in a while. Remember that Bills game to open the 2003 season? And remember the colts got their doors blown off by the Jags last year? I'm treating this game like that even though it was a win.

What scares me is that if you look at their schedule the only other team that has a defense that can can play as good as Philly's did tonite and actually a better offense is Pitt.

Mildcat

I can't believe I fell asleep!!! One minute I'm watching the game with the Pats down and the next minute I'm looking at the tv thinking "What Happened?" :oops:

We are spoiled when it feels like a loss if they only win by 3. Look at it as an off game they pulled out. Maybe this was the game the 85 Bears lost to Miami.

I have to try to go back to sleep now. Gonna go :spread: at Wachusetts today.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
It was a great game and one I thought the Pats might end up losing. I know the Patriots are a fantastic team but we've all seen plenty of "unbeatable" teams lose and usually in a game they were expected to dominate. This one had all the hallmarks of an upset, it just didn't turn out that way.

How about Feeley? There are about 20 teams in the league who would love to have that guy if he could play like that on a consistent basis.

drjeff

At Gillette last night, I had 2 Eagles fans sitting beind me who all night long kept saying "this is our Superbowl!" and they were right. As I was driving home from the game last night, one of the callers into WEEI said "I think the Eagles may very well have played better tonight than in the superbowl a couple of years ago" and that caller may have very well been correct.

Feeley played his 1 out of 50 game (less the 3 picks). Westbrook played to his maximum potential which is one of the best in the NFL, and the front 4 of the d-line of the Pats just couldn't get by those monsterous front 5 of the Eagles o-line. Give Andy Reid and JImmy Johnson tons of credit for devising a solid plan and getting their players to execute.

When it came down to it, the Pats had maybe their B game last night, Welker brought his A+ game, and Brady was very solid (the trajectory on his throws wasn't his absolute best, but it was quite good). I think that this will help refocus them, especially the defense and for once in the post game when any of the Pats said "we have to work to keep improving" it applied.

That questionable pass interference call, fortunatey it didn't effect the outcome, even if it was essentially a 14 point swing with the subsequent Gostkowski missing the FG and then the Eagles taking it down for a score. But don't forget, in the 4th when the Eagles had the Pats punting at 4th and 3, they made the error of the false start which gave the Pats a 1st and let them drive down for the game winning score instead of having to punt with 6 odd minutes left and trailing by 4, and that call from my vantage point could have gone EITHER way.

jack97

Offense was not the problem and yeah that offense pass interference in the third qtr was a bad call.

The pass defense was, soft in middle. They need a hard hitter like Tebucky Jones or a younger Harrison to light up any body making that cut into the middle.

PA Ridge Racer

That questionable pass interference call, fortunatey it didn't effect the outcome, even if it was essentially a 14 point swing with the subsequent Gostkowski missing the FG and then the Eagles taking it down for a score. But don't forget, in the 4th when the Eagles had the Pats punting at 4th and 3, they made the error of the false start which gave the Pats a 1st and let them drive down for the game winning score instead of having to punt with 6 odd minutes left and trailing by 4, and that call from my vantage point could have gone EITHER way.

At first I thought the neutral zone infraction was a make up call but instant replay showed that the Eagle moved first and it was the right call. Both Al and John (for whatever it's worth) stated the PI was a bad call. By the way Dr. Jeff how was the mood in the stadium? It sounded like you guys were loud throughout, especially when we were on D.

JimG.

Staff member
Ha!

I was just glad to see NE look beatable. Extra bonus that they actually looked confused and a bit disorganized at times.

It was a football game to the end.

Brady was ordinary.

This was the trap game...line was Eagles +24. This was supposed to be NE's loss this season and they won anyway.

I doubt they get close to losing in the regular season again.

jack97

Brady was ordinary.

Week 12 was kind of interesting;
Eli throw 5 tds, too bad 4 were to the opposing team
Gus Ferrote mishandles the snap on 4th and goal
Phillip Rivers was throwing ducks up the flats

An ordinary Brady still looks great compare to 90% of the QBs. IMO it was the Pats D that couldn't come off the field, Philly had time of possession advantage in the first half.