• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pasr...

I just want to give a shout-out to all the PASRs who joined AlpineZone lately..Holler if you hear me...:daffy::spread:

gorgonzola

i'll holla (i LOVE saying that to my 15 yo daughter in front of her friends and watching her cringe!!! :angry: )

dmc

Great...
A whole new batch of Belleayre lovin - Hunter haters..

thanks...

Greg

Staff member
Great...

thanks...

Just some new blood to show the light to. Hunter definitely has been seen more favorable than in the early days of this forum, thanks in part to you and JimG. and the few gatherings we had there. I love Huntah!

Great...

thanks...

Doug, just because you had beef with Ski999 doesn't mean you should have beef with PASR...and yes Belleayre is a popular spot for PASRs...you should be happy about that..it keeps Hunter mountain emptier..

dmc

Doug, just because you had beef with Ski999 doesn't mean you should have beef with PASR...and yes Belleayre is a popular spot for PASRs...you should be happy about that..it keeps Hunter mountain emptier..

Whatever your name is.... i perfer only people who know me use my name - if at all...

Yeah.... he blasts Hunter all the time... And continues to this day... the guy is a total PA asswipe... i even did a trip report shoiwng opening day at Hunter being a very uncrowded sublime event - contrary to his warnings of beer cans and cigarettes raining from the chairs..

But it's not just him... there's a bunch of posers there that probably suck at freeeride skiing and cant handle the more advance terrain... So in order to sound less gaper-like - the blast hunter for their bad day... I never see anyone sticking up for the truth.. Not even mumster - who I know and thought WAS cool...

And Hunter being empty is not MY goal... I live in Hunter.. i want people to come... thats the whole point..
And your friends from PA spewing total inacuarcies based upon the way things were 15 years ago does not help...

Whatever your name is.... i perfer only people who know me use my name - if at all...

Yeah.... he blasts Hunter all the time... And continues to this day... the guy is a total PA asswipe... i even did a trip report shoiwng opening day at Hunter being a very uncrowded sublime event - contrary to his warnings of beer cans and cigarettes raining from the chairs..

But it's not just him... there's a bunch of posers there that probably suck at freeeride skiing and cant handle the more advance terrain... So in order to sound less gaper-like - the blast hunter for their bad day... I never see anyone sticking up for the truth.. Not even mumster - who I know and thought WAS cool...

And Hunter being empty is not MY goal... I live in Hunter.. i want people to come... thats the whole point..
And your friends from PA spewing total inacuarcies based upon the way things were 15 years ago does not help...

Haha you know my name is also Doug..my picture was actually in your trip report from Opening day at Hunter November 19th 2005.just my back in the beige and black jacket with the black Giro Fuse jacket....Ski999..now Ski is my friend though..I recently played poker with him not to long ago. Yes he does like to argue and he's had bad experiences with Hunters clientele...me personally I've always enjoyed Hunter and I've skied there more days than Belleayre in my life. As for cigarettes and beer cans everywhere..that's my local spot..Blue mountain and I blast them for only cleaning up the trash under the lifts, twice a year. Alot of establishments have gone out of business in Hunter since the 1990s and it's sad..but it's already turning around with all the new real estate..

We're all just outspoken opinionated internet ski geeks..I want to get along..

dmc

Alot of establishments have gone out of business in Hunter since the 1990s and it's sad..but it's already turning around with all the new real estate..

We're all just outspoken opinionated internet ski geeks..I want to get along..

if you want to get along... then act like it... i've seen your Hunter blasts...

As far as Hunter turning around.....
Your wrong... It's unilateral... The mountain has new real estate... the town suffers...

Glad you read that trip report... Proof pistive that your poke-er buddy spews a bunch of shti - trying to make his choices look good by blasting others...

Total a-wipe..

2knees

Don't know why they'd want to post here... this place being as full of gapers as it is... :roll:

maybe we need like a message board ski-off challenge. (yes, stolen from highway star)

gorgonzola

Great...

thanks...

not a hunter hater at all, with friends and family in the hudson valley i've done quite a few runs at hunter over the last 20 some odd years with no beef except sometimes it took too long to get a beer or on the chair - not that different from the pokin'ho's. haven't been up in 5 or so years but trying to ...

PA Ridge Racer

I've been around the Pennsylvania ski scene for a little bit now and I can't recall anyone saying anything bad to me personally about Hunter. The only thing you hear that can be perceived as negative on MB's is the crowd issue...which really isn't a negative IMO. People blast Elk Mt., which is my favorite area, and I can't understand some of that personally but that's their opinion. No worries.

It's all about peoples opinions..along with a ski areas reputation..

Hunter and Killington both have a reputation as a zoo with lots of dangerous trail intersections..Plenty of people bad mouth Blue mountain due to the crowds but whatever..to each it's own..

I'm glad to see lots of PA folks on here..

bvibert

Staff member
I'm glad to see lots of PA folks on here..

We definitely seemed to have attracted a lot more PA in the last year or so. Or maybe they're always been here and I just didn't notice...

In any event I'm glad this board has a pretty diverse, geographically, member base.