• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gaper day..

Hey all,

Is anybody participating in a Gaper day this spring? I'm participating in two that I know of. This Saturday and next Saturday at Blue mountain. I was just at the Salvation Army and I picked up a mad steezy Members Only jacket for $3...and also a Red Visor that says Puerto Rico on it..along with some Stunnah Shades....I'm going to borrow one of my Dads fanny packs and my Moms earmuffs...any other ideas???? Gaper day is so much fun and a great excuse to get drunk while skiing..:-D

Rushski

Gaiters to keep your boot tops dry.

Maybe an old rooster-style ski hat (though I guess you got that sweet PR hat).

Maybe a nice, thick, baffle down vest - blaze orange to go over your nice new jacket.

And last but not least (and fortunately live to far away to see it) STRETCH PANTS...

I just went to the dollar store and bought a dog tag that says "King"..also some achievement award ribbons to pin to my Members Only Jacket...One says "Proud Grandfather"..and another says "I like to Read"..I was going to get the one that says "Potty-Trained" but I don't want people to look at me weirdly...I also got a sweet ladies fur hat from my Mom...now I need to find a fanny pack. Where does one buy a fannypack??? Preferably neon or camo..

Ok you tell that to the tree or other person you hit. Hopefully you are the only person to get hurt or killed.....

Shut up!!!!!

Last year on Gaper day I drank at least 8 beers...shots of Jager..and Champagne..and the only trees I hit were in the parking lot...lol

Phildozer

That's what Gaper Day is all about...it's Blue Mountain...not freaking Le Grave...lol

You guys are a bunch of wet blankets..

Skiing drunk is stupid, no matter what day it is.

If you don't care about the risk you're putting yourself in, at least have the courtesy to consider the other skiers at Blue Mountain.

Greg

Staff member
The fact that GSS is wasting a day to ski drunk and dress up like a gaper proves that he is exactly that.

snoseek

Hey I got a great idea, let's have another skiing under the influence thread, c'mon it'll be wicked fun.

snoseek

backwards baseball cap and local football team jacket should do it. Also some really thin windbreaker pants would rule.