• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gaper day..

It's just a fun spring day to hang with friends..act goofy and there's even a parade at 1:00PM..it's officially called retro day so the Gapers aren't offended. !0 dollar adult tickets and 8 dollar Junior tickets if dressed in retro gear..I'm psyched that I'm the proud owner of a members only jacket..for 3 bucks..

Anybody on here who can honestly say they never skied with a buzz or after smoking marijuana in the woods or the gondola is a freaking saint..it's going to be a fun ski day and I have my cooler ready..

I'm going to pace myself on Gaper day...I start skiing at 7:30AM when Blue opens and get a fast 10 runs in by 9:00AM...then to the parking lot with some of the other PASRs/Blue crew to pound a beer. Then load a few beers up in my backpack from my cooler. The key to drinking while skiing is holding both poles in one hand and using the other hand to drink the beer. Canned beer is better than bottled beer because it takes up less space and doesn't clank around. Then back to the parking lot for some shots..and I'll probably bring some steeze and crackers and maybe buy some pierogies and chicken fingers. Last year on Gaper day, I was skiing Switch on Paradise on my Race skis at about 20mph and hit a slush pile and fell on my back..and miraculously..I didn't spill a single drop of beer..now that's steeze. Then at 1:00PM there's the retro/gaper parade..and then I have to sober up so I don't get a DUI on the way home...lol....I can't wait...I'll be sure to post a mad steezy trip report tomorrow night...Holla..

Rushski

Gald to meet you, I'm Saint Bob.

FWIW, you have it backwards. You should spend the day skiing, then get drunk (afterwards).

I'm of like mind. Have had one at lunch maybe a couple times but makes me sluggish.

Guess I'm a 205# lightweight...