7/26/08 - Katahdin via Chimney Pond / Saddle (pics) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    But, however long it takes, it is ALWAYS worth it
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Boo-yeah!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

You lucky dog, what a clear day you had! I wish I had visibility the day we went up. Great pics, great memories.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

BSP rocks, especially the view from Chimney Pond. I need to get back.
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

Before I just kind of wanted to go up there. Now it's definitely a lot higher on my list of places to go. Sounds like a good weekend trip!
    Northeast Regional Moderator of Skilifts.org
    http://www.skilifts.org

Curved Ski Poles n. 1. Expert skier's poles bent at the factory to fit around the body and thus improve control and reduce air resistence. 2. Beginner's poles bent during use to fit around trees, trail signs, snowmaking equipment, lift towers, and other skiers.

12/13 Ski Season: 32 Days 238,883 vertical feet 301 individual runs

Great pictures!

Katahdin looks like something you would find out West. The whole top of that mountain is so exposed. Not too many places to hide if nasty weather rolls in.

Knife Edge =

Thanks for sharing - I miss that place. And you had such a wonderful weather!

I definitely want to go again, Baxter is special.... Now I only have to wait for my kid to grow up to take him

Thread Information