• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you talk work with your spouse/other???

campgottagopee

The only time I talk w/ my wife about work is if one of our friends is in, but even then it's only, "hey billy-bob was in today". Rarley does she share her work with me because I know nothing about mortgages.

krisskis

when my wife was working full time in the intensive care unit, i used to LOVE hearing her work stories. Talk about real life blood, guts, gore, brains popping out of noses etc. nasty stuff.

now that she is over at the childrens hospital, not so much. I dont like hearing about sick babies, crack babies, messed up parents who dont know how to deal with sick babies etc. its incredibly sad sometimes.

My husband says the same thing about my job. It can be a bit difficult whan i want to vent about a child we lost or something else as bad and he says he cant listen to it...

Trekchick

Since my husband and I run a family business together, we tend to talk business for the first hour or so after we get home, then we shut it off, and move on to other topics.

You should see the looks on the faces of friends when we talk about sewer service calls during dinner. :)

Warp Daddy

Trekchick;303327 You should see the looks on the faces of friends when we talk about sewer service calls during dinner. :)[/QUOTE said:
Hashing over the same old crap eh TC :D :D

Yeah I'd be "shooting rainbows" listening to that conversation over B. L or D ---------------

Terry

Just a quick "how was your day?" thing unless something unusual happened at work. I try to leave it there.

gmcunni

How about everyone else?? Is work talk and involved thing or a cursory thing in your household??

hardly at all. If you asked my wife what i do for a living i think you'd get a short answer "he works with computers".