• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski shops in Mass

Seriesnuns

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here.

Wondering if I can get some recomendations on Ski shops in Mass.

Well I'm looking swapping bindings on skis.

I've been to both Summit and Ski market. Looks like 100 bucks for two pairs at eiether unless you buy something.

Havn't asked REI yet, any other shops locally?

Hawkshot99

Hi everyone,

I've been to both Summit and Ski market. Looks like 100 bucks for two pairs at eiether unless you buy something.

That is a ok price for 2 mountings.

Dont know of any specific shops though.

wa-loaf

Hi everyone,

Where in Mass?

Mildcat

Hi everyone,

I'm assuming you're in the Framingham area. I've had good luck with Village Ski in Franklin but I don't think they'll do that any cheaper. That's about the going rate. Maybe check out Ski Outlet on Rt.9 in Westboro. It's usually not busy when I've been in there so maybe you could haggle the price down a little.

Take the bindings off the skis they are on...carefull not to lose any parts/screws and then bring them in...usually a "mount" costs at least $10 less than a "remount" $100...$50 per pair for a remount is a little steep. What part of MA do you live in...don't want to suggest a shop in Springfield if you live in Fall River or a shop in Attleboro if you life in Chelmsford.

Seriesnuns

I live in Wayland, i usually do my tunes at summit. They do a killer base overhaul.

I may end up taking them their, although i feel like there prices are through the roof.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping maybe for a shop locally(metrowest) that does it for 25 per or so.

Hawkshot99

Take the bindings off the skis they are on...carefull not to lose any parts/screws and then bring them in...usually a "mount" costs at least $10 less than a "remount" $100...$50 per pair for a remount is a little steep. What part of MA do you live in...don't want to suggest a shop in Springfield if you live in Fall River or a shop in Attleboro if you life in Chelmsford.

Most shops dont give a person a deal on the mountings if you purchased nothing from them. My shop has a cheap rate for gear bought from them, and a more expensive price for gear bought elsewhere.

Seriesnuns

Finally got around to REI. I'm a member and it cost me $35 for 1 pair, 45 for the other(One had a mount and re-mount). So I would say best deal would be REI, as long as your a member.

Mildcat

Finally got around to REI. I'm a member and it cost me $35 for 1 pair, 45 for the other(One had a mount and re-mount). So I would say best deal would be REI, as long as your a member.

How much does a membership cost? I paid $50 to have my bindings mounted at Ski Market. If a membership is cheap it might be worth getting one next time I buy skis online.

wa-loaf

How much does a membership cost? I paid $50 to have my bindings mounted at Ski Market. If a membership is cheap it might be worth getting one next time I buy skis online.

$15 for a lifetime COOP membership. That's what it was 8 years ago or so when I joined. You also get a 10% dividend back on all your (full price) purchases at the end of the year.

Seriesnuns

AND you get discounted pricing on waxes, edges, base jobs.

I found it's worth it to be a member.

Most shops dont give a person a deal on the mountings if you purchased nothing from them. My shop has a cheap rate for gear bought from them, and a more expensive price for gear bought elsewhere.

do you charge the same price for a mount and a remount? Every shop I've worked in (8 in all) has always charged more for a re-mount than a mount...that was my point. Yes, we also charged more when there wasn't a purchase too.

Hawkshot99

do you charge the same price for a mount and a remount? Every shop I've worked in (8 in all) has always charged more for a re-mount than a mount...that was my point. Yes, we also charged more when there wasn't a purchase too.

No If you bring it in a box, it is the same as if you bring me it on a ski.

If a person buys the binding from us the first mounting is free. A remount is $28.95 I think(dont run register too often). If a person comes in with nothing from us it is more but I dont remember how much.

wa-loaf

FYI, It's only $25 at the Mountainside shop at Wachusett. That's with me bringing my own gear in.

I also noticed they have 07/08 Recons on sale for $570.

Last edited: