• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Questions about ski warranty replacement- thoughts?

ericfromMA/NH/VT

Hi all, wondering if you guys can give me an idea of how likely I am to have my skis replaced by Nordica on a warranty claim. Here's what happened:

Pair of enforcer 88s purchased last March, had multiple areas of delamination along the edges of both skis, most are about a half an inch long and a half inch into the ski, a few are little bit more than an inch long and go up to half an inch or so into the ski; and an area of discoloration, an orange rusty patch across the tip area of one ski.

I brought it to the ski shop about the skis from. Ski shop dude looked at them agreed that the issues were not happening from any impacts or anything I did and immediately said he would send them to Nordica for warranty replacement and would let me know what Nordica said once he heard back. He couldn't make any promises obviously.

So, I'm thinking that if a ski shop doesn't think your skis would be warranted they will tell you. I'm also thinking that if a ski shop agrees to send skis to the manufacturer, that manufacturer is more likely to replace the skis because I'm assuming they will put a lot of stock in what the ski shop said. Then again they will have the skis (I assume they will anyway, another question i guess) they will be able to look at the themselves they could reach a different conclusion. Although it seemed pretty obvious to me and the ski shop dude that this should be a warranty covered issue.

So I'm looking for best guess from anyone as to whether or not my skis and up getting replaced. I know there's a lot of variables but I'm also thinking people on this board may have dealt with similar situations hopefully involving Nordica.

Also wondering what you think I should do if Nordica says know that will not warranty the ski. Can the ski shop push back on that? I would assume they would if they were a good shop and really felt the skis should be warranted.

Thanks all, time to go get my boat ready.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
So the shop did send them back? The delamination sounds like a construction problem. They should not delaminate that fast.

ericfromMA/NH/VT

I assume they did. They may have just sent in the form they gave me a copy of. First time I've done this.