• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Has anyone compiled a list of historical lift ticket prices at various resorts? Prices over the last 25 years would be quite interesting to compare, put against the Consumer Price Index or other metric.

Might make for a nice end-of summer, post-ski-season withdrawal activity.

It looks like Stowe's base adult non-holiday ticket went from 62 to 65.

thetrailboss

Staff member
SB holiday rate last season was either $64 or $67.

Burke is still low at $28 midweek and $48 weekend (I believe).

thetrailboss

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
thetrailboss said:
SB holiday rate last season was either $64 or $67.

Burke is still low at $28 midweek and $48 weekend (I believe).

The Boss loves Burke and ain't nothing wrong with promoting what you like. Did you look into becoming an ambassador for them yet?

Waiting to hear back from them.

bvibert

Staff member
billski said:
Has anyone compiled a list of historical lift ticket prices at various resorts? Prices over the last 25 years would be quite interesting to compare, put against the Consumer Price Index or other metric.

Might make for a nice end-of summer, post-ski-season withdrawal activity.

It looks like Stowe's base adult non-holiday ticket went from 62 to 65.

That would be neat to see, it would be hard to compile the data though I bet.

dmc

Picked up my season pass to Hunter...
Price hasnt changed in four years.... :)

YAHOO!!

dmc

awf170 said:
dmc said:

YAHOO!!

how many days do you usually get at hunter a season? 50 or so?

Sounds about right..
But I buy a season pass not just to save cash - I do it for convenience.. Just walk up to the chair and get on...

SkiDog

highpeaksdrifter said:
dmc said:

YAHOO!!

DMC, have you ever been on staff in any capacity at Hunter?

Was also wondering this very same thing.

I taught children there in the early 90's for a couple seasons. Havent been back in YEARS like seriously YEARS....terrain is aight IMO and its close, but that seems to be the reason I don't think I go anymore. There tend to be a TON of Manhattanites that don't always have the best of "outdoor" attitudes...maybe this is just my experience, but......all the same i've been staying away.

What do they smack you for on a season pass when you buy it this early in the season? Just wondering...

Thanks

M

dmc

highpeaksdrifter said:
dmc said:

YAHOO!!

DMC, have you ever been on staff in any capacity at Hunter?

A long time ago I worked in the bus lot for a couple fo years... Work for ticket thing..

In 2002 I did an interactive map for them.. And got a ticket for the season..

now I just play music in the base lodge...

dmc

SkiDog said:
I taught children there in the early 90's for a couple seasons. Havent been back in YEARS like seriously YEARS....terrain is aight IMO and its close, but that seems to be the reason I don't think I go anymore. There tend to be a TON of Manhattanites that don't always have the best of "outdoor" attitudes...maybe this is just my experience, but......all the same i've been staying away.

Yeah -cause things NEVER change in the world and EVERYTHING always stays the same...

:roll:

SkiDog

dmc said:
SkiDog said:

Yeah -cause things NEVER change in the world and EVERYTHING always stays the same...

Im sure its changed somewhat....i should make a day trip up one day, possibly a weekday to avoid crowds. I do assume there are still a fare share of manhattanites to bother me though... ;)

I'm sure its great to have in your backyard...

M

dmc

SkiDog said:
dmc said:
SkiDog said:

Im sure its changed somewhat....i should make a day trip up one day, possibly a weekday to avoid crowds. I do assume there are still a fare share of manhattanites to bother me though... ;)

M

Don't bother - you know you've made up your mind..

SkiDog

dmc said:
SkiDog said:
dmc said:
SkiDog said:

M

Wow...where did THAT come from? You dont even know me yet you somehow know i've made up my mind already....interesting. Did I say something wrong? Wait is it your rowdy buddies that I saw causing trouble in the lift lines and using the whole trail for turns last time I was there? POSERS... If so, then I apologize......

M

dmc

SkiDog said:
dmc said:
SkiDog said:
dmc said:
SkiDog said:

M

Wow...where did THAT come from? You dont even know me yet you somehow know i've made up my mind already....interesting. Did I say something wrong? Wait is it your rowdy buddies that I saw causing trouble in the lift lines and using the whole trail for turns last time I was there? POSERS... If so, then I apologize......

M

Wow... It was the tone of your post - which seems hauntingly familiar to me...
You know your not going to like it... You've made up your mind already... So big deal...
Stuff like "Changed somewhat"-"terrain is aight"-"There tend to be a TON of Manhattanites that don't always have the best of "outdoor" attitudes"
Leads me to believe that your anti-Hunter... It's your opinion.. Not a problem... Just don't diss my community thats already struggling...

Please prove me wrong - but don't pass judgement about something that you havent experienced in over ten years...
Lot's has changed.. Many people with open minds will recognize that...

SkiDog

dmc said:
You know your not going to like it... You've made up your mind already... So big deal...
Stuff like "Changed somewhat"-"terrain is aight"-"There tend to be a TON of Manhattanites that don't always have the best of "outdoor" attitudes"
Leads me to believe that your anti-Hunter... It's your opinion.. Not a problem... Just don't diss my community thats already struggling...

Please prove me wrong - but don't pass judgement about something that you havent experienced in over ten years...

Sorry if it came off as an attempt to hurt hunter mtn...I just havent gone in years and it WAS partly due to the attitude of some of the folks there, and maybe a slight falling out with some other ski schoolers HA :D ..thats all. Ive been putting in more time at other mtns is all..its all good...we're all sliding..no offense meant or intended..."aight" terrain wasnt a bad statement....hey it aint kicking horse right? I know you dig that place and i'm thinking of heading out that way VERY SOON......although I think I need to do ole JH before they shut down that TRAM...shame that it is...a surface lift or other option just won't be the same.... :(

M

dmc

SkiDog said:
dmc said:

Sorry if it came off as an attempt to hurt hunter mtn...I just havent gone in years and it WAS partly due to the attitude of some of the folks there, and maybe a slight falling out with some other ski schoolers HA :D ..thats all. Ive been putting in more time at other mtns is all..its all good...we're all sliding..no offense meant or intended..."aight" terrain wasnt a bad statement....hey it aint kicking horse right? I know you dig that place and i'm thinking of heading out that way VERY SOON......although I think I need to do ole JH before they shut down that TRAM...shame that it is...a surface lift or other option just won't be the same.... :(

M

Whatever... For the sake of this forum I won't start in with you on this board..

SkiDog

sorry and "changed somewhat" is most likely pretty true...i'm sure there are still a ton of NYC "toughguys" that still head up on weekends more interested in the drinking scene then anything else...its a close mtn to manhattan, thats got some good terrain, so sure some "undersireables" will surely be there...same at other mtns too, just further north you go the more they're weeded out ya know...

Again...i'd be there everyday with bells on if it were in my backyard... :D

M

dmc

SkiDog said:
sorry and "changed somewhat" is most likely pretty true...i'm sure there are still a ton of NYC "toughguys" that still head up on weekends more interested in the drinking scene then anything else...its a close mtn to manhattan, thats got some good terrain, so sure some "undersireables" will surely be there...same at other mtns too, just further north you go the more they're weeded out ya know...

Again...i'd be there everyday with bells on if it were in my backyard... :D

M

Read the above post...

Status
Not open for further replies.