• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush yardstick...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Nice avitar HL. When the govner decided he was gonna sign all the woods shots, alot of local folks weren't stoked. Then when he originally misspelled Angel Food as Angle Food and hung the sign, we were all amused. Took him a while to get the new sign up..Haven't skied that glade all season....

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Nice avitar HL. When the govner decided he was gonna sign all the woods shots, alot of local folks weren't stoked. Then when he originally misspelled Angel Food as Angle Food and hung the sign, we were all amused. Took him a while to get the new sign up..Haven't skied that glade all season....

had no idea he had missspelled it. when did the signs actually go up? im neither here nor there about it. my buddy just got his new press so hopefully ill have a new custom split when i come up at the end of the month. woot custom boards.

o and is me or does it seem like someone was in there clearing this summer because it looked like an open field in there.
IMG_0302.jpg

had no idea he had missspelled it. when did the signs actually go up? im neither here nor there about it. my buddy just got his new press so hopefully ill have a new custom split when i come up at the end of the month. woot custom boards.

o and is me or does it seem like someone was in there clearing this summer because it looked like an open field in there.
IMG_0302.jpg

Wow that looks so flat..

JD

Website
hotmail.com
I think it's a depth thing. I imagine there is cutting that goes on in there every year, but I would imagine the pucker brush in the main line is trimmed by spring skiers skiing the firm snowpack when it's thin. The line up on the ridge has seen work lately...dumps in as you hit the traverse back, look up and right. Some other stuff near the food that have been trimmed up, but hopefully there's not alot of live tree removal in there these days. So impacted allready, and plenty open for sure.

hardline

Wow that looks so flat..

actually food itself is a pretty mellow area. its steep at the start then mellows out. the ridges on either side have a more consistant pitch to them.

I think it's a depth thing. I imagine there is cutting that goes on in there every year, but I would imagine the pucker brush in the main line is trimmed by spring skiers skiing the firm snowpack when it's thin. The line up on the ridge has seen work lately...dumps in as you hit the traverse back, look up and right. Some other stuff near the food that have been trimmed up, but hopefully there's not alot of live tree removal in there these days. So impacted allready, and plenty open for sure.

ya i saw that when i missed the traverse back and just kept going. was talking to a guy on the gondi he said they are calling that area oz now. atctually the line on the ridge right after food seemed to be in good shape. everything above the traverse in looked normal just food looked over pruned. just didnt remember it being that open last year and i was back there when we up in the canopies in mid march. if that is really from skiier traffic they should block the main traverse so it will cut down on the amount of gomers going out there. i mean we have to problem thwackin to get where we are going but it would keep like 75% of the traffic down.

actually food itself is a pretty mellow area. its steep at the start then mellows out. the ridges on either side have a more consistant pitch to them.

I only skied Angel Food a few times in college..I mainly went farther out or closer to the resort..anyway I'll likely ski up at Stowe next month..there's this nice Boulder drop out in the notch that I'd love to session..and hit at different angles..I hope I can still remember where it is..

hardline

I only skied Angel Food a few times in college..I mainly went farther out or closer to the resort..anyway I'll likely ski up at Stowe next month..there's this nice Boulder drop out in the notch that I'd love to session..and hit at different angles..I hope I can still remember where it is..

there are few out off the traverse but the cooler stuff is above that. when you going to head up ill be up at the end of the month and depending if i go to da butte ill go again in march. when are we doin az day at da bush?

JD

Website
hotmail.com
I love the gully below and left of the food. Burley, but awesome when it fills in. I skied that day after the Vday storm...pretty much a straight line with one tele roll after the ice flow. Then broke trail for an hour to get back to the resort. Crazy day.

hardline

I love the gully below and left of the food. Burley, but awesome when it fills in. I skied that day after the Vday storm...pretty much a straight line with one tele roll after the ice flow. Then broke trail for an hour to get back to the resort. Crazy day.

ya the one twoards the bottom where you have to make the choice between the traverse back and keep going. i could see that just being death on vday. i did it last time i was up there on there wasnt enought snow to stop me dead. plus there where a few tracks i could follow but for sure its really fun.