• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who wants to move to Salt Lake?

BodeMiller1

Ford is opening at $12.01000

So it didn't get beat down over seas. The trick to playing the open is to follow Germany and Switzerland...

Look at the chart since 2000 (the Julian Year)

Also, GE has spun off parts of the conglomerate. If I remember correctly, the finance arm and some others were split off. They own the rights to traffic lights and their medical arm (cat cans and nuclear medicine, et al.). I'm sticking to my guns, Ford is where it's at.

Please see the link below w/ graph These dogs can hunt.

BodeMiller1

The above statement should read "spun off" as "split off" is incorrect. We all know what splits are, they make a stock easier to own and it does not effect the ice. However, there are those that play the bounce before / right after. This is not investing it's technical witching...

BodeMiller1

Ford Motor Co. (American Deposit Receipts) - You have to buy in Lots of 10...

Close down - .05000 Euro

Meanwhile back in The United States Ford is up .039000

News out of Detroit Rock City: The City of Detroit is investing $101,000,000 in Ford Motor to rebuild plants and employ approximately 3,300 ordinary lives.

This may be in response to the Mid-West pumping money into new plants. The cool thing is Asia can still shut us down by holding chips.
To combat this Ford (F) is shipping new Broncos w/ out chips...

One nice thing about Ford is it is easy to buy in / out as there are many...

Jim Cramer is calling this stock a buy.

I rest my case.
Yea right, Dividend .40 per share paid quarterly. **************************** ***
++++++++++++++ +++
++

BodeMiller1

Yeah……I’ll take the Atlantic Ocean thanks. Fuck that shit.

I think the jury is still slightly out, but the prevailing theory is that water rights for the west were hashed out during an abnormally wet period.

Now that it has reverted to mean, good luck out there. Especially with majority R leadership.
The problem is the aquafers that the farmers tap is low. Rain does not recharge them. You need floods.

Yep

KustyTheKlown

lol for real. why is this dude trying to orchestrate a ford motor company pump and dump. super weird posts across the board from this guy. honestly he makes me a tad uncomfortable with the non sequiters and stock pumps. at least scott's non-sequiters were about skiing and his weird writing style sort of endearing.

also huge LOL at resting his case bc jim cramer says its a buy. jim the bought and paid shill does not ever have retail investors best interests in mind, and his track record is garbage.

KustyTheKlown

LOL

that's a lot of UNTZ!

i saw these new guys who people have been raving about this past weekend. they are called goose. they played two sold out nights at radio city music hall (WTF!). on Saturday, father john misty sat in for a song in set 1 (WTF!), and trey sat in for all of set 2 (again, WTF!).

unfortunately, i found them to be pretty repetitive and redundant and derivative of phish (like even down to the monosyllabic animal band name), and once trey joined the mix there were 3 guitars happening and it was all quite muddled, and i actually left the show a bit early with trey still on stage because i was tired and wanted pizza and to hang out with my cat. but holy shit the room was eating it up. when trey was announced and walked out, 5000 people made a cum at once. it got musty and sticky in there fast.

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

Okay, if you want to move to Salt Lake...

Let's look at the price of gas and use it as a future projection for FORD.

The price of gas in the middle New England Market is:

Regular 89 $4.999

Super 93 $7.500

There will be a direct co-xxxxxx,

Ford is up .01 in the U.S. after market. Closing -.22000

Gas is trading at 3.9083 per gallon.
Settle June 30th, 2022 A.D.

Why, why not??

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
They do sound Phish derivative like many other jam bands to come out over the past twenty years.

I think they are a bit better than most as the singer has a pretty good voice and they seem to have decent writing skills.

I think it's a good thing for the genre to have a young band catch a little fire.

I've only seen them live once at Boston Calling a few weeks ago. I had fun

BodeMiller1

Greatful Dead......
Vermont, Phish

The greatest band in the World KISS.

- NOT

Market Days in Concord, N.H. had many good bands. Blue Grass and some then some people playing wear wolves of London... Then they made me through-up.

The nice thing is you don't have to go to Manchester to watch, the dope show.

Sad butt True.

MadPadraic

yea, my student loans are fucked. also didn't help coming out of college right before the global financial crisis and law school smack in the middle of it.
Grad school/professional school during a recession is a tried and true approach, and a pretty smart one IMO. I remember seeing some studies that found that entering the workforce during a recession had a hugely outsized impact on lifetime earnings. This really is all up to luck---you can't control the year you are born or the economic conditions when you graduate.

My daughter had a choice of a very good private school or UMASS - which was less than half the price. She chose UMASS mainly due to the cost. Fortunately, we are in a position to pay for it without loans. If we were not in that position, I would have encouraged her to go to a community college for 2 years and then finish up at UMASS. Taking this approach (which many people do) its possible to get a degree with very little (if any debt).

Community college has been mentioned a few times. I'll share my experience with it. I'm a bit unique in that I actually went to Community College and received an Associates 14 years after already getting my Bachelor's.

I'll throw in my experiences and some arguments as well. I left a large state school during the dot.com era to work in software, took a few night classes at CC along the way, and then finished my degree at a well known private school. I later did grad school at a (different) well known public University, which I completed while working full time. I also attended summer school at the LSE.

Just to get it out there: my four CC classes were basically all good, and I don't wish that I'd taken them at either of the major institutions. They were a tremendous value for the money. It was probably easier to get an A in them than at the Ivy, but I suspect it would be a lot easier to get a C as well. Second, I think that the state school had some very good classes. Additionally, I believe you can get a very very good education from an in state public school (at least in the two states that I've been to one), but there are rational reasons a parent might want to send their kids to private schools.

There is no question that the private school put in a lot more effort in creating an academic environment. For example, the public school's library closed at midnight and had short weekend hours. However, the private school had two libraries that were open 24/7 and food was available until 4am in one of the libraries (so you wouldn't have to break studying by cooking or heading into town/city). We had more reading days before exams, and due of the financial position of the university professors were given many more TAs. It even showed through in things like student jobs: at the state school I was a dishwasher and most of my friends held similar part time jobs. At the private school I had jobs as a grader, under grad TA, and a job summarizing journal articles. I also think course quality was impacted by the private school imposing a much lower teaching load on their faculty. Basically, the university started from a place of privilege and then heaped more and more privilege on top.

However, I think the main reason for picking a private school is that they make graduation much more likely. Let's compare BC and UMass, which I would think of as having similar prestige and academics. BC's graduation rate is 92%, while UMass is currently 76%.* (I googled a bunch of similar schools, UMass is on the high end for NE public schools and BC's rate isn't dissimilar to similar private schools.) To my mind this is huge: most of my family or friends from way-back who didn't graduate have stayed in lower income jobs. I'd note that I know plenty who have graduated and aren't earning all that well, but that's often more of a lifestyle choice than a lack of opportunity (at least initially).

To my mind why pick a public school? (1) great education at a much more affordable cost, (2) a more varied student body (in terms of economic class and parental backgrounds), (3) lot's of individually excellent professors and less snobbery. (4) they feel bigger and full of opportunity.

For the record, both school's had excellent parties, but the frequency of great parties was higher at the public school.

* If you look at the trend, this seems to be something that UMass has made a lot of progress on recently, which is rather awesome.

MadPadraic

The secondary factor, that certainly isn't immediately thought of, but does play into the mix, is the facilities on most campuses these days, are far more oppulent than they used to be, and all of the enhanced dorm facilities, dinng facilities, athletic facailites, etc, do have significant costs associated with them, and that also has added to the cost of things.

My understanding is that the other big factor is a huge increase in administrative bloat at Unis.

tumbler

i saw these new guys who people have been raving about this past weekend. they are called goose. they played two sold out nights at radio city music hall (WTF!). on Saturday, father john misty sat in for a song in set 1 (WTF!), and trey sat in for all of set 2 (again, WTF!).

unfortunately, i found them to be pretty repetitive and redundant and derivative of phish (like even down to the monosyllabic animal band name), and once trey joined the mix there were 3 guitars happening and it was all quite muddled, and i actually left the show a bit early with trey still on stage because i was tired and wanted pizza and to hang out with my cat. but holy shit the room was eating it up. when trey was announced and walked out, 5000 people made a cum at once. it got musty and sticky in there fast.
You are getting old!!

However, I think the main reason for picking a private school is that they make graduation much more likely. Let's compare BC and UMass, which I would think of as having similar prestige and academics. BC's graduation rate is 92%, while UMass is currently 76%.* (I googled a bunch of similar schools, UMass is on the high end for NE public schools and BC's rate isn't dissimilar to similar private schools.) To my mind this is huge: most of my family or friends from way-back who didn't graduate have stayed in lower income jobs. I'd note that I know plenty who have graduated and aren't earning all that well, but that's often more of a lifestyle choice than a lack of opportunity (at least initially).

BC admits around 20% of their applicants, UMass around 60%. The average SAT of a BC undergrad is hundreds of points higher than the UMass student. You should be comparing BC to Michigan or UVA if you want to see how graduation rates compare between similar public and private universities.