• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Argh! Lindsey!

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ap-worlds-women&prov=ap&type=lgns

VAL D’ISERE, France (AP)—Austria’s Kathrin Zettel has won the super-combi at the world championships, while American Lindsey Vonn was disqualified for splitting a gate in the slalom run.

Zettel won in a combined time of 2 minutes, 20.13 seconds Friday. Swiss teenager Lara Gut finished second, 0.56 seconds behind, and Elisabeth Goergl of Austria was third. The top U.S. finisher was Stacey Cook in 16th place.

Vonn posed for pictures as if she had won the silver medal before her husband gave her the bad news.

“I’ve been feeling so great this week,” said Vonn, who won the worlds super-G on Tuesday. “To come down hard like that today is hard to take.”

Vonn led after the downhill leg and was second fastest in the slalom, but replays showed she barely split a gate in a wild run. The American held a 1.48-second lead over Zettel going into the slalom, but made two big errors on the upper section of the twisting and technical Rhone-Alpes course.

“Sometimes when you miss a gate with a hairpin, you can make the outside gate and I thought I made it,” Vonn said.

Vonn’s coaching staff went into the race jury room to check the tape and decided not to appeal after confirming she did split it.

“I was really confused for a while and really frustrated,” she said.

Warp Daddy

TOO bad she's had a great year

I am fortunate we get great coverage of World Cup venues on Canadian TVevery weekend. i'll be watching World Championships later today on CBC